Few Doubts

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by srajitha, Jan 25, 2012.

1. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies ,

I have few doubts hope you can clarify these doubts
    Currently I am 25 weeks pregnant. I have cravings for Kelloggs corn flakes( mostly honey flavor) , dil kush( kind of sweet bun),I dont feel like eating rice , I always want to eat something tasty tasty all the time . It hard for me to make some :cry: .

Sleeping habits , they r worse , I am unable to sleep properly , Doc asked me to sleep on either on left or right side preferably on left but I get this shooting pain when I sleep for sometime on left side , I have no problem when I sleep on my right side and is it normal to get back pain while sleeping ??? ...

also can any one suggest me good anti stretch mark cream ??

Love Raji

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Raji,

Congrats on the pregnancy ..
    Whatever you crave to eat, go ahead and have 1 serving of it (1 cup of corn flakes or 1 quarter piece of dil kush).
    Since you are craving for sweet am suggesting on just 1 serving. Try raisins for such sweet cravings.

Sleeping gets tough at this stage.. Dont sleep on your back , otherwise you can sleep on either of the sides whichever is comfortable for you..
    If you are sleeping in a position and it creates pain for you, it indirectly means that your baby does not want you to sleep like that. So change your position.. Your body is the best indicator of how to sleep, listen to your body..

I dont know any stretch mark cream in india.. I'd suggest try any body oil with vitamin e. or regular coconut oil is also good..

3. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Hi Raji,
    Your cravings are normal. whatever you like, please do have it, people say that what our body needs comes in the form of craving.
    Regarding Stretch mark cream, You can use Palmer's COCOA BUTTER FORMULA MASSAGE CREAM FOR STRETCH MARKS which has vitamin E in it.
    If you couldn t get it, as ranchu said, pl. try body oil with vit E/Our all time useful coconut oil.
    Take good rest. by the by, when is ur due?

4. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranchu & Vidya ,

Thank you so much for responding to my questions,

I have stopped eating dilkush now , however still have cravings for kelloggs ,I had my regular check up done on 4th of this month , doc said everything looks normal , I have put on 10kgs till now , my doc finds that normal , does it also sound normal to you guys ????

Love Raji

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@raji congratulations. on an average putting 12-14 kgs during pregnancy (total 9 months) is considered normal. But this differs from person to person. Cravings are normal. But as ranchu said it is better to stop with 1 serving.

6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey srajitha...

for strechmarks; actually i started getting strechmarks really early in my pregnancy- i am using cocoa butter cream from Body shop. its like a magic formula; its a bit expensive- but worth every penny. i like the way it smells (kind of a chocolate chip cookie), its pregnancy friendly, and keeps the skin moisturised for a very long time and of course helps with the strech marks.

a friend of mine who was using this cream can vouch on this- touch wood, she didnt develop strechmarks from her delivery and her experience has prompted me to use this. after that initial few bit, i am no longer developing the marks...

all the best

7. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya ,

I now feel normal that I am in normal limits :p (weight) Sure thank you for the advice will follow that.

Hi Sitharaj

yes I have heard a lot about cocoa butter cream but i couldn't find it so, I have started using VLCC prenatal stretch marks cream , its been good so far.
    Bye the way I love your ticker , how do you do them ???

Love Raji

8. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hey raji...

visit lillipie.com- you can personalise a ticker and then upload it in your signature here :)

9. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

hi raji,

congrats on your pregnancy........me too in the same boat......

reg strech marks - doc has suggested me pregnacare so i am using the same u can try this its available in all the medical stores.

craving - even i feel too hate to have rice for me its only pizzas and burgers but doc told me strict no for that.

enjoy your pregnancy dear. TC