Chemical Pregnancy? what is this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by swathiudhay, Jan 19, 2012.

1. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

I m sad...i hd a miscarriage last week and doctor said it was chemical pregnancy...this was our 1st time n i m not able to console myself still...my hubby is also low...don know what happened...i m mentally n physically strained...i am not able to forget and end up crying...how to stop crying don know what to do...

2. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi Swathi

I feel sorry for your loss , please be brave dear , dont worry you will be mom soon. Just be careful when you are ttc now and take all possible precautions. What did your doc suggested you?? Did she prescribe any medicine so that when you are ttc such incident doesnt happen again ??

I have seen this on internet about CP . A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

Love Raji

1 person likes this.
  3. swathiudhay

she has actually given me iron tablets and hormone contraceptive tablets for 1 month and has asked me not to have physical relationship for 2 weeks but now i don dare to get pregnant any time soon, i want to know why this happens, what is the root cause and what if it happens again i will be broken completely.

4. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

hi, its heartbreaking to have a chemical pregnancy, but don't worry, chemical pregnancy is mostly due to natural reasons,chromosomal abnormalities etc,,things you can;t control,,but good news is that means you are able to conceive !!It may happen soon after you get a positive pregnancy test and in some cases had been not been for highly sensitive pregnancy in market these days, it would have been unknown!!so don't worry most cases you can start trying right away..but if your doctors says to wait, then wait.here is link to know more Chemical Pregnancy - A Very Early Miscarriage

1 person likes this.
  5. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

Hi swathi
    first of all dont worry ..me also had chemical pregnancy b4 2 months tats october....actually i took hpt and then confirmed with blood test also ..But i had my period on 6th week starting itself...i immediately went to doc and asked abt it ....she told its chemical pregnancy...and then she did internal scan and confirmed tat ther is no sac in the uterus so tat this may happens b4 implantation ..i think so....there is no particular reason found..
    doc told to take rest for 1 month and again try ...at tat time i took duphaston from 14th to 28 th ...but unfortunately my hus was suffering frm fever so cant try much...this month i wnt to doc and she did continuous scan and tracked ovulation..sterday i confirmed that egg is ovulated and i need to take duphaston frm today (for 14 days) and then need to do hpt.......hoping for best...
    swathi wat doct told is chemical pregnancy doesnt reoccur..so dont wry abt it ok..more over 1st pregnancy mostly results in chemical pregnancy but most of people do not note it...nwadys we have highly sensitive hpt kit so we found it earlier....so have healthy food..past is past ...be happy u have more chance to get pregnant quickly ....ok take care...

2 people like this.
  6. vidyavisu

vidyavisu Silver IL'ite

Dear Swathi,
    Don't worry. As Vidya Santha and others said, don't be upset. You will get a baby soon. Have faith in God . God bless you.

7. swathiudhay

Thank you guys for all your support through my bad phase. But currently i dont want to get pregnant for few mnths, i want to concentrate on my health as my Hemoglobin level is very low. Will keep you all updated.

8. eager2mom

eager2mom New IL'ite

I also had chemical pregnancy last week.My doctor told to wait 1 cycle.How many cycles usually one has to wait after chemical pregnancy ?

9. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi swathi

Sorry about your loss .Don't worry you will have a healthy baby soon.to increase your iron absorption take the iron tablet with vitamin c .say a cup of orange juice or lemon juice .Our body absorbs Iron at a slower rate .if you take it along with vitamin c it increases the absorption .Also don't forget to take prenatal vitamins

Have some exercise routine everyday to regulate your periods cycles .

Good luck

10. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear swati,
    This also means that the fetus had not begin to form, there was no heartbeat and it was just in a cellular form. You can console yourself that the child was not there yet just cells that did not have embryo sac yet.

Feeling devastated afterwards is natural. It was not your fault. Try yoga breathing, it will help you.

Good luck
    FL