High pulse rate in mother during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by urraug9, Jan 16, 2012.

1. urraug9

urraug9 New IL'ite

Hi Dear Moms..

I am pregnant about 16weeks ,I recently went to NZ and had a ear infection,when i went to hospital there they said my heart rate is very high and started to give me saline but it stayed the same,sfter coming back to US i went to doc here and still its about 100BPM,Doc is looking into it still.i some times feel the palpitations and heart beating hard ,has anyone experienced or received diagnosis for the same?

2. mahgull

mahgull New IL'ite

Hi dear
    I am also 14 weeks pregnant. I was also facin the same issue. My doc did not give me any medicine for that ,,,, she told me the heart is working almost double because it has to supply the blood to the baby as well thatss y heartbeat is fast.
    But u can sooth urself by following steps .....they really helped me like:
    Take small meals..dont eat stomach full
    Dont eat fried stuff or anything which u cant easily digest
    Dont go to bed immidietly after meals
    Drink plenty of water so it will make the blood thin and easy for heart to pump.

Take care

1 person likes this.
  3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi There ,

Even My heart beat has become fast from the time I became preg. My doc told me that its normal for our heart to stay high during pregnancy as it needs to pump that much amount of blood to the baby to grow. Also as the baby grows our uterus grows which leads to less space in our abdomen , it sort of forms pressure on our lungs because of which we would have to breath heavily and sometimes we end up hearing heart beats. So dont worry. By the way I am in my 23rd week now and am facing all these.

All the best.

Love Raji

1 person likes this.