High aminiotic fluid index in 31 weeks of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vidhyabharath, Nov 27, 2011.

1. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

Hi Everybody!

I am Srividya Bharath. As if now 31 weeks pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. Recently I had my 3rd Trim Scan to know the baby's growth. Everything is perfect. But my aminiotic fluid index is 16 instead of 14. My doctor said that this is little bit high.

I am worried whether this will create any problem during labour. My doctor said that I should be in good rest, high fluid index can lead to early labour.

But my BP, Sugar level are perfect. I dont have any other complications.

Can anybody guide what all the precautions should i take in this regard. Is this the problem is common in pregnancy?

Please guide me.

Regards
    Vidya bharath.

2. renu0049

renu0049 New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Now iam in 35th week of pregnancy and when I was in 31 week,my Dr. also said same but now everything is normal and in control. But take more rest,donot strain yourself and if u r working take some days off till the next check up(which i did). I was also worried, but i would suggest u to take more rest than normal (physically and mentally)

All the best

3. vidhyabharath

Hi Renu!

Thank u very much for ur reply. Last two days i was little bit worried, now i am alright. Thanks for ur support. Take care of ur health also. Update us once the little one come.

Take care,

Regards
    Vidya Bharath

4. ramygirl

ramygirl New IL'ite

I don't know if its common & not sure about the precautions - follow the doc's advice. But I remember one of my friend's had the same issue - and her baby turned out perfectly healthy, a little naughty though :) so, don't worry, i think it's only borderline high. Besides, ask them to do a repeat ultrasound 2 weeks later - if the ultrasound showed normal organs such as kidney, you wouldn't have to worry too much. stay calm and recite Sundara Kandam, pray everything will be ok :) God bless you!

Love
    Ramya

5. vidhyabharath

HI Ramygirl!

Thank u so much. I will ask my doctor to check AFI again. Will update u people once everything goes fine.

Regards
    Vidhya Bharath.

6. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi...
    Im in my 28th week and scan revealted excess fluid..i have normal bp and sugars..
    can u share your thoughts and exp