Duphaston in Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sitharaj, Nov 27, 2011.

1. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

This is my first pregnancy and i am on my 8th week.

2 days back I had slight pink spotting (actually very little); but I panicked and rushed to the doctor. Along with that I also had slight cramping through out the week 7.

Doctor immediately checked for the baby's heartbeat and told me that everything is good. After giving me an injection- she has asked me to take bed rest and prescribed Duphaston 10mg (twice daily).

I have heard very negative reports regarding this medicine- a cousin of mine was on this medicine during her second pregnancy and she believes she lost her baby due to this.

I spoke to another doctor and she too was the opinion that I take duphaston- but i am not at peace. I know I need to trust my doctors; but I would love to hear from you ladies who have taken this medicine and had successful pregnancies or else.

I think what i am looking at this point is for some support. Really hoping to hear from you people.

2. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Duphaston is supposed to protect and help your pregnancy..My co-sister took it for the first 3 months of her pregnancy due to her previous miscarriage..She has a healthy baby girl now... If you are not satisfied, you can take a 3rd opinion as well...You wont lose the baby because of tablets...Doctors try their best to help in pregnancies...

1 person likes this.
  3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

thanks ais_1982

thats very helpul :)

i just wanted a reassuring word- as all i heard was a negative feedback. But this surely takes my confidence ahead :)

4. Brindasri

Brindasri New IL'ite

Dear Sitharaj,

Congrats on your pregnancy...

I was also given Duphaston for first 3 months. The medicine supports pregnancy.

By the way, I am on my 5th month & planning for my delivery here in UAE. How about you?? Which doctor are you consulting now?

Nice to see you here...

Take care

Brindasri S

5. Riya2012

Riya2012 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Sitaraj,

Congrats on your pergnancy.

Pls continue on your duphaston medication. Its completely safe and there are no known risks associated with it.

I had reasearched on this topic sometime back and can tell you by experience that it serves the purpose.

Two of my friends are on duphaston this time and both of them are doing great in their pregnancies.

Congrats once again.

Take Care,
    Riya

6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

HI Riya & Brindasri...

Thanks for the info ladies; guess at times, when we do a lot of reading we tend to look at the negatives more. I was concerned reading that it was banned in some countries and wasnt advised and stuff. However I did continue to take it till i continued my 1st trimester (as advised my the doc); and (***touchwood***) as of today, me and my lil one is doing great :) We are a few days past 22 weeks now!!!

@brindasri.. i was consulting Dr. Haleema in Aster (in Bur Dubai); a nice lady. But since my parents live in Abu dhabi, i shall be having my delivery there- in LifeLine... how about you? whom are you consulting?

7. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hey Sithara ,

How are you doing dear ?? Even I was given this medicine till my 5th month , doc told me that it would support my pregnancy. Dont worry its totally safe.

Love Raji

8. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

thanks raji....

i was asked to stop duphaston in my 12th week, but was a bit confused initally :)

now we are all good

9. Brindasri

Brindasri New IL'ite

Dear Sithara,

I am consulting Dr. Bindu Nair in Dr Sunny Medical Centre (Rolla, Sharjah). Also, planning to shift to Dr. Indira of Dr. Moopens Clinic for delivery. I read some reviews about Dr. Indira in the forums. As of now, decided to consult her after 2 months. Do you know her? & When are you due?

Regards
    Brindasri S

10. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hi Brindasri..

i have heard of Dr. Bindu (in Sharjah)- my cousin used to consult with her; no clue about Dr. Indira.. i recently shifted to Dubai, so i am basically new with all the things here.

i am due in the 1st first of July... how about you?