How to increase fetal weight -- urgent plz reply

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sweetyk, Oct 8, 2011.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am 32 weeks and doc said the baby is little under grown. Her weight is 3.12 pounds.

I have a follow up appointment after two weeks. Please let me know, what should be eaten to increase her weight.

Looking forward for your helpful replies.

Thanks,
    sweety

2. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Hi - First of all congratulations ....drink lots of milk eat good breakfast for eg ... idli ,moongdal chillas, ragi parathas etc and eat lots of fruits and veges... keep eating every 2hrs the bay will gain wt..

3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear for your reply. It means a lot for me now.

4. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

Congrats on your pregnancy. IMO, 3.12 pounds is a decent weight at 32 weeks. You can expect the baby to add 4-6 pounds if you go till 40 weeks. I would suggest you eat healthy and excercise regularly. All the best.

regards,

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

take protein rich food like lentil,dhal,egg,soya,meat

6. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much iIlite and JGVR for your soothing words. I have started to take protein high foods since yesterday.

Taking milk for 3 times, taking mixed lentil soup, nut bars and more water. I have a follow up ultra sound in next two weeks. Hoping to see baby's weight gain by then.

7. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

hi sweetyk, make sure to eat a balanced rich food for last few weeks as calorie needs are expected to rise in 3rd trimester. I have seen cases of my friends who maintained perfectly normal weight gain during pregnancy and still ended up with babies with below normal weight...
    I really dont think you need to worry abt weight of baby bcoz there is no way to know the actual baby weight when it is in the womb still..
    its a different thing if your weight was more than normal...thats when u shud actually get worried.

8. SaiSeva

SaiSeva New IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

I am also in the same boat as you. My Doctor has given me one powder Argin to be taken twice a day and she says it will increase the licor content and also baby's weight.

9. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Eating nuts will increase the baby weight. Also it's very healthy choice to have in pregnancy.

10. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you all very much. I had a follow up ultra sound yesterday at 34 weeks 1 day and baby's weight increased and now she falls is 17th percentile which is normal.

cheers,
    sweety