Severe pain in left hip- 30 weeks pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rakhii, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies, I dont know what to do. I have been having this pain in my left hip for weeks now and it slowly started getting worst. Even at night I am sleeping mostly on my right side because my left hip just wouldnt let me be!

Today its specially bad; so bad that even gentle walking is hurting. Google says its fine...its normal bla bla. What shall I do? I have already taken a tylenol (a paracetamol composition) to hep with pain but needless to say after 4 hours the pain started again.

I am doing exercises, applied a hot pack, took warm bath, tried couple of postures in yoga but nothing seems to work.

I am drowning in pain today. HELP!

2. srjaya

srjaya Senior IL'ite

:eek:mg: what r u waiting for dear ? Consult ur doc right away and do not take any medications or decisions all by urself:notthatway:..,

tc

Gud luck
    jaya

3. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Yes call docs asap or go to an 24hrs walk in centre. Not the hospital emergency. If you look up on your insurance website you will have centres other than the hospitals

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

It could be that the weight of the baby/fluid is triggering some sciatica. Check with the doctor. If you do have sciatica, acupuncture is a good treatment to get rid of it.

5. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Dear, how is the pain now??? Did u visit the doc???

6. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I guess you have tried this already, but do you have a body pillow to use at night? The books that i have read recommend sleeping on your side with a pillow between your logs. It is said to ease hip pain to some extent.

I am not yet at 30 weeks, so dont have any practical knowledge of this.. just sharing what i read.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmreddiar%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jaya, ars, yashidelek, inlovewithmylyf, Chandrika, thanks for your comments. I did go to the doctor yesterday. She is repeating the same old story saying that my body is preparing itself for labor and hence hips start to widen. This is the reason its causing so much pain. She was asking me to take painkillers every 4 hours. I was trying to avoid them…oh well.

I told my yoga instructor about this and she did show me a few poses. Its supposed to relive some pain. Lets see.

8. sheel

sheel Bronze IL'ite

Hi...I am into my 4 month..and for me too my Left Hip pains a lot sometimes..I initially thought I might be tired..But I noticed..even if I rest it sometime pains..when I discussed with my doctor..she told me not to over exert.

9. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,

Congrats to you. I had this pain during all of my pregnancies.It is because your pelvic bones move to accomodate your growing LO. Like you I too try to avoid painkillers. Multivitamins (if you are not already taking them ) and cat cow yoga pose helped me immensely.

All the Best!
    ilite