Actual Labor details

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sweetyk, Sep 17, 2011.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am expecting my child in November 2011. Here I have some silly doubts please take time and write me, looking for answers from women who delivered in USA.

1. Will I be shifted to labor room after completely dilating to 10 cms?
    2. Will I be covered till knees in actual labor?
    3. Is't it would be embarrassing to take both husband and mother into actual labor?
    4. What if I feel the urge to pass urine in actual labor, can I use restroom before I am shifted to labor room?
    5. Will the fetal heart rate decrease if I choose vaginal birth, I am actually risking my baby by choosing vaginal birth?

Please please answer me ladies, this is my first time.

thank you very much,
    Sweety

2. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Sweety, did you take hospital tour ? generally they will guide on the procedure what would happen. There are loads of websites which guide you on these steps. Your Doc should have given you forms to fill and take hospital tour. Also Child birth classes will help you to know all these procedures. Even i am expecting in december. However i will be taking Hospital tour and will be attending child birth classes as suggested by Doc for first time mommies

3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Shashi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I did take the tour. Will look for child birth classes.

cheers,
    sweety

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sweety! From what I know, see the answers in blue.

5. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for your pregnancy. Thank you very much for answering my questions.

cheers,
    Sweety

6. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I just saw your post in the Sep club. You can find my answers here.

7. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Congrats. Relax and enjoy. Look for child birth classes nearby.

1. Will I be shifted to labor room after completely dilating to 10 cms? - depends on hospital. call them.
    2. Will I be covered till knees in actual labor? - yes
    3. Is't it would be embarrassing to take both husband and mother into actual labor? - No. Support is necessary.
    4. What if I feel the urge to pass urine in actual labor, can I use restroom before I am shifted to labor room? - It's very normal to pass urine and poop during delivery. You are pushing a baby out with so much pressure. It is bound to happen. Nurses and doctors know that.
    5. Will the fetal heart rate decrease if I choose vaginal birth, I am actually risking my baby by choosing vaginal birth? - No. Vaginal delivery does have an impact on child's heart rate. It will slow down and be back to normal in a few seconds. Doctors will monitor that and make sure the baby is ok. There is no way your baby will be harmed when they have those monitors.

Above all, Here they take delivery process very seriously. They are very proactive. Goodluck!!!

8. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear for answering all my questions in detail.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The Lamaze childbirth classes are so very helpful and PLEASE have your husband attend with you. It will help him a LOT to help you and also know what is going on. (I used to work in an OB/GYN office and husbands can and do pass out in the delivery room if they get that tensed.) Please also hope for vaginal delivery. Its daunting especially for the first baby, but better for you long term. They will let you know if there is any problem with the baby so relax. Whatever happens in the delivery room, don't feel embarrassed....you will not be the first and not be the last.

Best wishes on your upcoming delivery.

10. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

No problem sweety. Enjoy these days. You will never get these days back :)...The power of motherhood..