how to get normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sankasailaja, Oct 23, 2007.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies

now im in 25th week.can any body tell me what are the methods or techniques to follow to get a normal delivery?

are there any exercises or food to get normal delivery?

plz help me.

thanks in advance.

bye

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Do some pregnancy yoga.
    Don't eat junk food and the food which makes to gain weight.
    Be active but don't over strain yourself.

take care,
    Punitha

3. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Sailaja,
    Congratulations!
    I am not aware of any particular way to ensure normal delivery.
    But do walk for a minimum of 30 minutes everyday. I did not do this and my cervix did not soften and the OB-GYN almost did a C-section for me.

Regards
    Gayathri

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    U can try some methods.Inspite if doing all these i had c-section.. at the end of the day the mode of delivery lies in the hands of destiny.Normal or c-sec dont worry..
    1.Walking 30-mts a day
    2.Eat little ghee with rice
    3.Gaining correct amount of weight

Have a happy pregnancy.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sankasa,
    in those days we were made to do most house work especially sweeping and swabbing the floor, not by standing but by squatting on the floor, this way the pressure is more on the pelvic muscles which will stretch with each of your movements and sweeping as u bend u will be putting pressure and it will stretch, but what ever u do when the delivery comes it all depends on the size of your thighs, and if there is enough space for the baby to come out, do not spend more time watching tv, it makes u sit down in one place for a longer time, though it is comforting do try to be more active, yes walk can help but the house work does help u to get hold of your muscles when the cramping start...all the best...do consider c section as it helps your sexual life later...sunkan

6. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Hi Sailaja,
    I forgot to mention about kegel exercises. Here is a link for info on kegel exercises - How to Kegel
    Of course this is not the only link, please google to find more info on kegel.

Please do these exercises religiously before and after delivery. Also some nurses and OB-GYNs recommend stretching the vaginal muscles starting with the 32nd week. Ask your OB-GYN or nurse on this.

As other ladies mentioned normal or c-section is not in our hands. It is the health of the infant that is more important.

BTW, I had a normal delivery and it has not affected my sex life!!
    Please remember that c-section is a major stomach surgery and takes weeks to months to recover!

Gayathri

2 people like this.
  7. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friend,

Exercise, household work, proper eating(not overeating and accumulating too much fat) and resting leg on top of two pillows if your ankles/feet swells after walking is all good for the delivery. C- section or normal depends on your baby's position and your body. So dont worry too much, just pray that the baby should be hale and healthy and you also should have a good delivery. Excercise after delivery also important for reducing the tummy, if you leave, that's it.

They say oil and ghee taken towards the last month of pregnancy helps in smooth delivery of baby. Walking everyday during pregnancy is a a real good exercise.
    If you like reading books, then try "What to expect when you are expecting" It is real good one. They say we should wait for the water bag to break during the due date then only the labour starts but no one told that water bag burst it will come out green. I was expecting like urine not greenish discharge.

Congrats and all the best and dont worry, you will have a safe and normal delivery.

Bala

PoornishaB and dhivyacc like this.
  8. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

thanks for all of u ,for giving me the useful information for me.

bye

9. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

dear ilite,
    eat well, nutritious food and not all kinds of fatty food will help you attain the proper weight. Walk religiously for 30-45 minutes everyday. do household work and as suggested by Sunkan sweep and swab the floors by being on all fours. It will help.i did all of these and had no reason not to have a normal delivery , but since my baby was big for my size , a c-section had to be done after 17 hours of labour. Normal or C-section will depend on the position and size of the baby and other circumstances. Dont worry. all will go off well.

10. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Nobody can assure u that, I did all the things(like walking, eating lot of veggies n fruits, I was very active) but at last it turned out to be a c-section.

But I am not saying u shouldn't do these, just don't expect any thing and have lot of self confidence that will really help, pray to god and be active and eat lot of fresh fruit and veggies.

Rest is assured in the hands of God.

Congrats for ur pregnancy & All the best for ur delivery.

- DSrini