how to get normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sankasailaja, Oct 23, 2007.

1. sunithareddy

sunithareddy New IL'ite

Is it ok to cry

Hi Gals,

I wanted to know if you are preganat and you cry is that ok. Is it normal.

2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunita,
    It is normal for u to feel low and depressed. But do try and channelise your thoughts and make yourself happy. It is a common feeling but do try and get over it. Do things you like to do and you will feel better. Also keep yourself occupied. All the best.

3. prameela

prameela New IL'ite

Hi Sankasailaja,
    congratulations that u r pregnant. I gave a baby girl on Sept 1st, 2007 got normal delivery.
    Eat well whtever u want/likes.
    Walk normal within 1hr. That good for ur health.
    Be relax.
    Drink (lot of water).
    Be active, do work.
    Try to close ur mouth, push ur air inside if labour pain start.
    If u don't think or feel tension u 'll get normal delivery definitely. If yes, not get a normal delivery.
    All the best, be happy.
    Prameela.

4. sunithareddy

sunithareddy New IL'ite

5. Preiyham

Preiyham New IL'ite

Hi,

I think you must have heard about Deity Garbarakshambigai, its near Tanjavur, you can visit that temple and have the ghee prasadam for 48 days, they will give castor oil which can be applied on abdomen whenever you feel pain. Other than this you continue doing walking, yoga and simple exercises. Eat healthy food, keep your mind steady and have positive thoughts. :)

I think this will be helpful to all,

Thanking you,

Preiyha

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  6. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Sankasailaja, I had a natural child birth, no medications either. I would say exercises will help a lot, walking is really good, if you can go for aqua aerobics, they helped me a lot with back pain and also keeping my weigh in control, eat well - there's no need to eat for two people, but eat a nutritious well balanced diet. Kegels and squatting exercises are good and they will open up your pelvic floor, helping out with child birth. I exercised all through my pregnancy, but make sure you check from your doctor before starting a new regimen.

Good luck, and here's wishing you a natural, normal and healthy child birth.

Raj

1 person likes this.
  7. sima

sima New IL'ite

We all expect and hope for natural delivery. We can try our best to have it natural but we never know what is going to happen during labor. Anyway let's stay positive.:):thumbsup

1. Do Kegel exercises ( atleast 100-200 times a day)
    2. Sit in squat position/cobbler pose as much as you ca until 35th week. DO NOT DO DEEP SQUATTING AFTER 35TH WEEK.
    3. Tailor sit often (sitting on the floor)
    4. Never sit or slouch on a couch/sofa and put your legs on the coffee table
    5. Sit regularly on a birthing ball. This is kind of semi squat position and ths will help you to open up your pelvis.
    6. Do regular house hold duties.
    7. Walk everyday ( 30 -45 mins). If you get tired walk 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening.
    8. Do pelvic rocking, pelvic tilt exercises
    9. Take nutritious food everyday
    10. Sleep well, put a pillow under your knees while sleeping, drink more water and urinate often

1 person likes this.
  8. sima

sima New IL'ite

Many of you are saying that taking ghee will help for natural and easy delviery. Can you explain how ghee is helping?

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: Is it ok to cry

Sunitha, it's quite normal, don't worry. Those hormones take you on a roller coaster ride, and it gets even worse right after the baby. For a month or so, you'll start crying at the drop of a hat, so don't be alarmed.

Like Priya said try to focus your mind on other things. Exercises release a chemical called serotonin in your brain and it's a natural anti-depressant. It gives you a feeling of overall well-being. So, try to work out every day, listen to music -good for you and the baby, if you are a religious person, read religious books and scriptures and just think about your little bundle of joy - nothing will make you happier than that though. :thumbsup Take lots of rest, you won't be able to once that little one arrives.

Raj

10. mishka

mishka New IL'ite

HI,
    Have nutritious food,do walking atleast for 20 minutes daily and do some pregenancy exercises suggested by ur gynac.

TC,
    Mishka