i want to know these things are safe or not during pregnancy??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by trisha109, Aug 4, 2011.

1. trisha109

trisha109 New IL'ite

hi ladies,

this is my second thread... i wann to know having poha(chiwda) during pregnancy is safe or not..??currently i am 11 week pregnant...

second ques is dosa,idli is safe or not becoz it is fermented over night...

my ob/gyn told me to have nuts like almond this time but i heard that almond contain heat which is not good for baby,,,so plz can anybody tell me who has taken it during pregnancy. i can have it or not...and how much amount i need to take....thanku so much for ur reply ..plz reply me soon...

2. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Hi -First of all congratulations .... you can have poha,idli, dosa etc... and also eating almonds is safe ( 2-3 a day) ... i use to eats walnuts they r very good for babies brains...my doc had told me that you can eat everything except for pineapple,papaya pickles and papad ....eat lots of fruits veges and milk and normal less spicy food..

3. Ksubha

Ksubha New IL'ite

Hi -First of all congratulations .... you can have poha,idli, dosa etc around 7 or 7.30 pm if you eat this a bit later you may feel bloated and also eating almonds is safe.

4. sweetyabi

sweetyabi New IL'ite

Hi
    congrats!!!!!!!!
    u can have almonds arund 4-6, ofcourse idli and dosa..
    Am 7 months pregnant now, I soak the almond in water, peel the skin and have it next day. One of my friend told even though idli is easily digestable the level of rice is more than the level of uridh dhall, so i switched to fibre content bread...

take care and enjoy ur pregnancy.........

cheers
    sweetyabi

5. trisha109

trisha109 New IL'ite

hi friends,

thanku so much for ur quick reply...can u tell me plz how mamy walnuts and almond both i can take... can i take it on regular basis or i have it on alternet day...can i start it right away or i have to wait till my first trimester...once again thanks a lot.....

6. Ganaraya

Ganaraya Bronze IL'ite

congratulations! you are already in your first trimester, if you are interested in knowing more about the baby's development in-utero/womb, here is a informative site: Fetal Development | Pregnancy.org. as for almonds and walnuts, personally I ate them soaked overnight and peeled the almonds before eating. also, I combined them with some apple fruit for added nutrition. how much? moderation is key. start with 2 to 3. if you have access to a library, borrow a good book that will guide you on the specifics of nutrition during pregnancy. have a happy pregnancy!