No Heartbeat for fetus even after 8 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vasuki85, Jul 8, 2011.

1. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

My SIL concieved 2 months before. Last week (around 9 week) she went for checking the baby's heartbeat. Scan report showed that the baby didnt have heartbeat and the gestational sac was irregular. Doctors advised to terminate the pregnancy as the baby didnt have heartbeat and they have asked her to come for D&E surgery. Pls let me know if we can wait for somemore time and whether the irregular gestational sac is a sign of unhealthy baby?

2. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Iam very sorry about your SIL.But yes it means what doc said.But try to do abortion through tablets itself.It's only 9 weeks so misoprostal tablets can be used.I myself had miscarriage at 9 weeks even though i saw the heartbeat and baby everything at 7 weeks becoz the hear stopped at 9 weeks.The tablets are inserted in vagina for abortion to happen.Check with the doc.It's better than D&C.However if the doc recommends D&C only then go for it.
    Hope so she conceives soon next time with a healthy pregnancy.

3. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

ok Gayu. She underwent D&C this week. When can she concieve again

4. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

She must wait for 3 cycles(not 3 months) which is 3 periods before trying to get pregnant again.it will reduce complications in next pregnancy.My prayers for her to get pregnant soon.

5. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite