Spoting during early pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by gdd, Jun 16, 2011.

1. gdd

gdd New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am in 7th week of my prenancy. Yesterday i had few drops of red spoting (1 to 2 spoon) in the span of 2 hour and at the end it was in brown colour. I was totally tensed and called my doctor, he said "just take complete rest and wait till tomorow moring if bleeding spots then you come on the next vist day (june 24th) and if bleeding continues then come in the morning for scaning" thankfully it lasted for only 2 hour. Even today i called him he just said take rest for a week and come on next checkup date (after a week).....
    Am tensed..... please ladies suggest me whether is it better to trust doctor words and wait till a week or is it better to go for checkup immeditely....
    Wating for your replies..........

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

2. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Congrats on your pregnancy:)
    Pls dont be tensed(i know its easy to say).Try to be relaxed.Spotting is common during early pregnancy.
    It may be old blood.As far as it is brown discharge you need not to worry.It will be better for you to relax if you have a scan and pelvic exam.
    As your doctor suggest,pls be on complete rest.
    Tc.Everything will be fine:)

3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

congrat for your pregnancy.dont get tensed for some people spotting is common in first trimister.hence chill.i will pray for you.dont worry.if spotting or bleeding seen.strongly they recommend to take bed rest hence follow what your doctor told and wait for one or two days.

eat healthy foods which is rich in iron and folic acid.

important thing is avoid worrying it may increas the flow or spotting and affects baby.be happy in all situation which strongs the baby.

healthy baby sticks to you strongly

4. gdd

gdd New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Thanks vaasathi and chitrajarika..... Your reply gave me relief.... spoting was stopped on 15th itself, and am on bed rest now. My worry is my next Doctor visit is after 7 days (june 24th) and last time he said he will do scaning in 11 week. Its very difficult to wait for such a long time. Shall i take appointment for tomorow (but he said take rest and come next week) and insist him to do scaning?
    Actually till now i have taken my pregnency lightly and climbed steps(in home and office for several time a day) and even daily i use to go for walking for 20 mnts.... all my friend said that i had spoting because i claimed steps and also i ate pickle.... is is ture? please convey your views on this....

5. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

oh pls be careful..very careful in the early pregnancy..remember a life is growing inside,y to take chances!! it is not advisable to climb stairs.Mild walking is ok.Pickle is also ok,if you eat in limit.As pickle is too oily,spicy it creates body heat.so it is good if you keep ur body cool and listen to your body and give proper rest.

It is for your satisfaction,you can surely make an appointment and chk,nothing wrong in that.
    I had light spotting during my 5th week,with fresh blood.We rushed immdtly to the hospital and after seeing my babies i got relief.they were fine.I had a pelvic exam and then ultrasound.The spotting has stopped in 30 mins and was on bed rest for some 3~4 days.
    Take care of your health.

6. gdd

gdd New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Thanks for your caring words Vaasanthi. Today i went for scaning and by god's grace baby's heart beat is good :) but unfortunatly i came to know that i have PCOD shakehead. Docotor has adviced me bed rest till 14th week of pregnancy.
    I am not too much over weight and my period cycle was also almost regular. I never thought that i will have PCOD becouse i conceived in my 1st month try itself. And i use to check my ovulation since 6 months with clear blue oulation predition test and i ovulated every month(31days to 33 day cycle) i I know that people with PCOD straggle to conceive, at least in my case God is very gracefull......
    Am preparing my self to face the pregnancy challenges.....
    My next agenda is to be on complete bed rest and no sugar , less salt, no worries....
    Please ladies guide me about PCOD and what all precautiones/care should i take...... I want to be strong and take it positive........ i need your help and wishes.......
    gdd

7. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

gd

its not good on climbing upstairs.climb very very slowly and walking also have to be very very slow.take your own time and walk or climb slowly.

pleas avoid too much salt,sugar and sweets mainly,oil very very little.intake more green leafy vegetables.daily intake buttermilk to cool yourself.

waiting will be a hell for scan date but what to do.you have to wait and do for you little one.so take everything positive.stop worrying be happy.

just sleep well and be in rest.eat healthy foods and fruits.all the best for your scan