Please help me-I am pregnant...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by inlovewithmylyf, Jun 3, 2011.

1. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I have a very important doubt.. Please clear it for me.. Please...

I have PCOS and my periods have always been irregular... My doc put me on BCP to make my periods regular... N then my periods were kind of regular... I used to get my periods in a 40 days interval... I last got my periods on the 17th of Feb, 2011... N then on the 23rd I visited th doc and she told me, from the month of March, I need to take pills(Clomiphene Citrate) for 3 months... She told me like only if I take the pills can I get pregnant.. I was waiting to take the pills.. I did not get my periods in March, April, May... But I did not take it serious because I thought its because of the PCOS that I missed my periods... But yesterday, something in my mind came up and I just like that took a pregnancy test and it came out positive... Again, this morning as soon as I woke up I took another test at home and that too was positive... I am really worried now.. Could it be possible that I could be more than three months pregnant... I am feeling really guilty for being careless... I don't know what to do... :( I called up the doc this morning to get an appt... She was not available at her office... She will gimme a call in sometime... But please tell me, if it is already 3 months n I have not done anything that a pregant lady should be doin, will this do any harm?? Is it already too late??? Also tell me, is it possible to get pregnant without taking any pills, if I have PCOS??? Also I experienced slight spotting yesterday...

Please help me... Waitin for ur replies...

Thanks in advance...

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Relax....That is the most important thing you need to do for yourself and the baby

Congratulations for the pregnancy.

Actually if it is 3 months , good the nausea days are behind :)

Get the test done at the doctor, they might do a scan as well.

Eat properly, main thing is do not stress.
    Be positive and assure yourself Everything will be fine...

all the best

3. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

I conceived without any pills and I too have PCOS. With respect to your cycle length, you might be 9-10 weeks pregnant now. Dont worry and pray god. Your baby will be absolutely fine inside :thumbsup . Meet your gyn as soon as possible.

4. inlovewithmylyf

Tamil n Anuram,

Thanks a lot for ur kind words... :) ... I called up the doctor and took an appointment... She asked me to go to the lab before that to get a blood test done... Am I really pregnant?? I still cannot believe it... :bonk ... When I asked th doc, she told me tht she can confirm it only after she gets the blood test done... I was a bit worried 'coz she too never confirmed it... :( ... Are home pregnancy tests accurate???

5. aaha

aaha New IL'ite

yes dear the tests are true so do not worry. As sometimes it happens that few gyn want a complete proof for their notice and blood test is one of the procedure to move forward so do not worry. Enjoy and thank God that you did not have to face nausea and every pregnancy has different symtoms as it depends upon the baby. Throughout my pregnancy i never had any problem and my delivery was absolutely painless it was just a miracle. Hope you have a miracle too and have an angle in your life.

6. inlovewithmylyf

Aaha thanks a lot dear... As u said I have to thank ONLY GOD for first of all gettin me pregnant without any pills and second of all, for having no major problems... Thanks for the assurance.. I will get the blood test done and let u girls know of my status.. :) ... Thanks once again to all of u... May God bless each of u...

Cheers!!!

7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

My story is similar to yours.I had an irregular cycle and got pregnant on my own.Please relax.Talk to your doc.Its not too late.eat healthy foods.

8. inlovewithmylyf

Thanks ChotuMeetu,

Thanks a lot for assuring me tht its not too late... Ya I will have healthy foods n take care of my self well... God bless u...

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

hey inlovewithmylife

I like your username. My case is exactly like yours... I had irregular periods and after blood tests found out I was insulin resistant. I started taking metformin and my doc advised to take it for 3 months before trying clomid and other more invasive procedures! I got 1 cycle with the metformin and after that I had no period. I went to India for a month and did all kinds of binging on street food, rode my scooty,went on a giant wheel and all that. After coming back,one night I decided to clean my bathroom (because I had slept the whole day due to jetlag and could not sleep at night) There was just one pregnancy test left that I had bought long back and decided to test instead of throwing it away. Lo and behold, I saw the '+'. So at around 12.15 am on a Friday night, I discovered I was pregnant! Since I could not believe my eyes, I made my sleeping husband wake up and go to walmart at 12.15 to get a digital pregnancy test. When I went to the doctor after that, the Ultrasound showed I was around 10 weeks pregnant! I have a 9 month old daughter now.
    What's even funnier is in India, my mom was very worried that I was not getting pregnant and took me to an endocrinologist for thyroid tests. They did a blood test and I remember the doc telling my mom that it will be a little difficult for me to get pregnant. All this while I was actually pregnant and had no clue about it :)

So.. the point of my whole story is to tell you not to worry and that everything will be fine. Congratulations on the pregnancy. I will pray to send you good wishes when you go for your blood test and doc appointment :)

10. inlovewithmylyf

Peartree, thanks for liking my username dear... :) ...

Nice to know tht u have a daughter with u now... I am also hoping for a healthy daughter/son... Hmmm... so there are people out there who were unaware of their pregnancy... :) ... Today, I will get my blood report... Hope everything is fine... Now I am really worried as to how many months pregnant will I be... :bonk... I jus hope its not more than 2 months... Thanks a lot for ur kind wishes... I will let u girls know once I get the report from the doc... God bless u...