pregnancy stomach pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vidhuu, May 26, 2011.

1. vidhuu

vidhuu New IL'ite

hey
    iam 15 weeks pregnant now...my hemoglobin is only 9gms...last week i went to doctor and she gave iron tablets twice and calcium once a day...i hav a stomach pain last couple of days...i dunno whether its due to those tablets or heat....is stoamch pain common in pregnancy???? can i consult my doctor

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidu...first of all congradulations on your pregnancy....
    are you eating properly?..iron defiiciency can also cause stomach pain.... are you taking both iron and calcium at the same time(this is not recommended)....
    do you have loose motion?...did you eat any spicy food?...
    my friend had continuous stomach pain and loose motion during her 2nd and 3rd trimester...she did consult her doctor and took necessary care...
    make sure that these tablets are suiting you...i mean in case they are not absorbed by your body,then too such stomach pains can occur
    any abnormalities during pregnancy,it is always receommended that you take immediate consultaion from your doctor...when i used to take my iron tablets during pregnancy,i used to get nausea,vomitting sensation and very hungry and i definetely need to eat something within 1 hour of taking the iron tablets,that too is quite common..refer this link for help
    Iron Deficiency Anemia
    http://www.drugs.com/sfx/iron-side-effects.html

All the best!!!!!

3. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

yes exactly what swaran said..Calcium and Iron together is a complete no no..so have iron during day time and calcium in night or otherwise
    whenever you are taking iron tablets take it with Vitamin C...as it helps in absorbing faster....like orange juice or something....
    I also learnt this recently from one of the ILites post..Hope that helps you too...:bowdown take care and eat well include lots of greens, dates, figs, etc....Have a very happy and healthy pregnancy....:thumbsup