No signs of labor pain :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by deepanand2010, Mar 31, 2011.

1. deepanand2010

deepanand2010 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I'm 39 weeks pregnant. Still no signs of labor. My LMP was Jul 1, 2010. Doctor gave 7th April as the EDD. My stomach has not dropped yet completely. I had internal examination last week and she told me we will wait till 3rd of April and if still pain didn't come i should get admitted to hospital on 4th april. I think she has the plan of inducing the labor.

I informed the same to my MIL. She is telling that with Apr 1, I'm completing 9th month and i can wait for 10 more days for the delivery to happen, i.e., Apr 10.

Can i wait till that without inducing the labor on Apr 1?

Please share your views. I'm worried lot.

One more thing : Doctor told that my baby has gained 3.5 Kg last week itself.

Regards,
    Deepa A

2. sudhachandrasek

sudhachandrasek Bronze IL'ite

Please follow whatever your doctor advices.
    Happy Delivery! and best wishes to your expected bundle of joy!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I would go with what the doctor suggested; she would certainly know better than anyone.
    Good luck dear...have a safe delivery.

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepa

Congradulations on your pregnancy and may god gift you an angel very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

coming to your question,i was in the same state as you are...my DOD was on 21st August and my stomach too dint drop down till the last week of delivery...my gyna advised me to get admitted in case i dont get pains till 24th....i started getting Labour pains on 21st August,mild ones which slowly intensified with time and i delivered my angel on 22nd morning 7AM...

so dont worry...dont expect your baby to come soon...i know you would be very anxious to see her/him but yes please hold on....

go as per your Gyna's suggestions and keep your happiness!!!!!!!

5. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Hi deepa,

I better suggest u to go buy Doctor's advice. Dont worry if doctor's go for inducing pain... Do ur regular excercise before that- as adviced by ur Doctor. Everything will be fine and soon u will be blessed with a healthy baby

6. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Deepa

as swaran said please be cool and dont stress dear.enjoy the pregnancy.please follow what your doctor told because she knows fully about your and your baby health.i hope you understand.

so the days will run fast and you will deliver a beautiful baby soon

May god bless you:thumbsup

7. Liveandletlive

Liveandletlive New IL'ite

I too was in your position for my second baby.Since your doctor's given date is 7th april, you can confidently wait till that date.If the date is crossed your doctor will induce the labor pain .

In my case my doctor asked me to wait 5 more days after the given delivery date since the fluid around the baby was enough and the baby's heartbeat was absolutely normal.Then, after even crossing the 5 more extra days, I did not get the pain and I was admitted in the hospital and the doctor induced the pain through injections and then I had a normal delivery.

So the doctors check everything before asking us to wait.Don't worry, follow the doctor's instructions.

8. deepanand2010

deepanand2010 New IL'ite

Dear all,

Thanks for all your replies...

Its really relaxing me lot.

I'm ready to wait till Apr 7th. Even my parents and in-laws are saying the same.

But doctor is telling my baby has already grown up. So we will induce the delivery on Apr 4th itself.

I want to wait at least till Apr 7th and if i didn't get the pain then i wish to go for the induced delivery.