Pregnancy after mass/cyst removal in ovaries

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by an123, Mar 16, 2011.

1. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I had a miscarriage in December and was planning to TTC this month. I went for a routine ultrasound and the doctor diagnosed that I have some cysts and maybe solid mass or multiple cysts in both ovaries. The ultrasound is not very clear, so he is suggesting a lapascropy surgery to look at it closer and remove any cysts and solid mass or multiple cysts.

Has anyone in the forum gone for such a procedure? Please share your experience.

Also did it affect your chance to conceive and did it have to be a C section or did you have normal delivery?

I am going to Chennai for vacation for a month tomorrow and the procedure is scheduled after I return. I was hoping to get another second opinion in India as well before doing the procedure. Does anyone know a good OB/Gyn experienced in this in T Nagar area?

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me
    thanks
    AN

2. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Hi an,

Sorry abt the miscarriage...I suggest that u take a second opinion in india...if there is cyst and needs to be removed better get it done...removing cyst does not harm ur chances of conceiving...

n as far as my knowledge goes..with laproscopy, the docs have better idea with looking at the cysts if not clear in scan...if they find any mass, they remove it...also if the tubes are blocked they remove the blocks...
    the recovery from laproscopy is very fast since there is a single incision...u r most likely discharged the same day or max the next day of the procedure...

in my case, i was found having a very large dermoid cyst (13cms * 15cms) in my right ovary through a trans vaginal scan in aug 2009...i was told that i had to get it operated since the cyst was really huge n was suggested to undergo laproscopy...during the operation it was difficult to remove the huge cyst thru laproscopy so they went ahead for laprotomy...the cyst had affected the right ovary too so they had removed it...so was left only with left ovary....

the initial diagnosis was done by my gynaec in hyd but was going to chennai to visit my parents and decided to have it done in chennai itself since i felt better having my mother arnd post op :)
    i had 2nd opinion and the operation done at Prashant Hospital, Harrington Road, Nungambakkam by Dr.Geeta Haripriya...

post op i was with back my gynaec here in hyd and followed her advice...
    i conceived in june 2010 and am due next week...

so i wud say that if ur doc says that the cyst has to be removed its best to get it removed...but always go in for a 2nd opinion...

n i do not have very good knowledge abt the docs arnd t.nagar
    area...probably someone can give a better idea abt the same...

all the best dear...there is nothing to worry...

3. an123

an123 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Pavitra for the feedback. May I ask whether you had any symptoms when you had this dermoid cysts or did you just find it in a routine check. I have a pulling sensation and sometimes a very dull and light cramps.