Feedback on Vijaya Hospital Chennai - Maternity

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by DeepaChn, Mar 11, 2011.

1. DeepaChn

DeepaChn New IL'ite

Hi, I wanted to hear from people who've had their delivery at Vijaya Hospital, Vadapalani. How good are the facilities, nurses and labour care? I am consulting Dr. Mala but hardly ever get to meet her. It's mostly the asst. docs. Anyone delivered there recently? Any feedback is appreciated... I need it pretty soon as I've finalize the hospital :(... Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

2. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

I had my first baby in VH, Dr.Usha Reddy. She was too good. I had normal delivery

3. DeepaChn

DeepaChn New IL'ite

Need some info on epidural analgesia... I am planning to take it depending on the pain... In India, is it a single dose injection or administered using a plastic tube in varying doses as required? Is there a local anaesthetic given before injecting the epidural? I am planning to check these in my next OB visit but that is not until Monday and I am due anytime now!!!

4. shank20

shank20 New IL'ite

Never ever go to Vijaya Hospital. These losers killed my brother's baby beginning of this week. If the medicines or the drips were given on time to my sis-in-law the baby would have stayed alive. No proper duty doctors are there during the night and few nurses in the pre-labor ward are really really rude. I would really want you all to double or triple check about the gynec and the hospital before.

Whenever you guys take an appointment and visit the gynec make sure you clarify all your doubts. If they don't answer your questions and if they show some kinda attitude(like i know everything) please never bother to go back to them however popular the gynec is becoz you might end up getting screwed. 40 weeks of care, concern and eager to see the baby will be ruined in less 1 day becoz of their stupidity & negligence.

I'm writing this becoz i don't want another beautiful baby to die.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014