pimples at the time of Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chitrajaraika, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

Thanks all for ur suggestions...
    my skin is dry also.. thts y i was not doing anything. generally people got pimples due to oily skin but i hv normal to dry skin... but i clean my face reguarly...

Congrates Mallige on ur Pregnancy.

thanks
    Ish

2. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

pimples during pregnancy

Hi all,

I am 33 weeks pregnant now. i am having problem with big pimples from the start of this pregnancy. recently it increased alot during the last three weeks. i am getting very big bumps and boils on my face, underarms, and in pubic area. face is fine i dont care, but the private parts is very problematic i am unable to sit or walk, cant keep my hands down properly, even touch of clothes is really hurting. I asked my doctor several times, she keep on saying it is due to hormonal changes. my mother thought it is may be due to body heat, normally my body is very heat generating one. i am drinking 3ltrs of water and eating all the fruits and avoided soda and coffee from start of my pregnancy.

I am really desperate for some remedy Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Chinna.

3. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Re: pimples during pregnancy

Awww I know doctors will say its normal..hormonal changes..as I too have acne on my face and arm too....

My doc suggested Lacto calamine for face...
    As your mother said it's body heat...you can try this....soak "saunf" (Fenel seed), sugar cubes 'Saakar' what we call...its used in prasad...transparent ones...small cubes..and black raisins in little water...keep it overnight...prefarably in brass utensil....and early in morning..1st thing...you need to squeeze all and drain water using muslin cloth...and drink that water...it will cool your body from inside....

You can apply rosewater also on affected area..it will bring cooling sensation..and wont hurt much....

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi Chinna,
    Glad to see you here after a long time.. We interacted in July 2011 club.
    So how are you and hows your pregnancy progressing? Hows you LO doing?
    I am sorry to hear abt ur acne problem and i really have no idea abt it.
    Just follow the remedy mentioned by Angel and all should be fine.
    TC

5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

its exactly as ur mom and angel said.... those are the heat boils... lactocalamine is a good solution as angel suggested... if possible try to drink tender coconut whenever possible... its a coolant...

one more thing it stuck me... are u constipated???
    sometimes if constipated for more than a day or so sometimes some people get bodily boils... dont allow that to happen...

i have boils sometimes coz of heat too... (mostly one on the inner thigh area... i apply a small band-aid so that i can walk comfortably.. .i apply it after my bath and mostly it will fall off by next morning bath... and the redness of the boil also comes down... then i apply some skin cream... like betnovate (as suggested by my family doctor) and within 2 days boil goes off... i keep in mind that i drink plenty water and dont get constipated

try it out... :thumbsup

6. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hi chinnap

Pimples during pregnancy is mainly due to hormone chages and contipation...Thats why docs generally dont give any medicines during this time....
    Pimples in pubic area is a problem...Only thing is explain this to doc and ask what to do.....

In the mean time, try buttermilk as it is very good for body heat and is coolant...

I tried lacto calamine and multani mitti (fuller's earth). This also helps...i hope it helps you too...

7. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi Angel, Thanks for the suggestion i will surely try it tonight itself. I am not sure i will get lacto calamine here or not, but i seen rose water in indian store. I will check it today in indian stores.

8. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chotabheem, H r u? Yes i am in July club, but not logged in for long time due to work pressure and personal tenions. I know i shouldnt take stress at this time. Hope everything clears up before my sweety pie lands. Thanks for dropping by dear. Take care of your helath.

9. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ammani,Thanks for dropping by. i will go search lactocalamine today in indian stores, here we wont get fresh coconut water, the small bottles they sell in indian stores dont even smell like coconut water. i am trying to drink more and more water.

And i dont have constipation problem, i think it is body heat only. I will try to get that betnovate cream also.

10. chinnap

chinnap Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radicha, i dont have constipation, my doctor told it is due to hormonal changes. I told to my doctor several times about the problem, she told its not goot to take medicine for those at this time, just bare with them and take good food and plenty of water. But the problem is not reducing even a bit.

I am also drinking buttermilk one or two glasses daily along with barley water. I have seen multani matti in indian stores but didnt remeber seeing lactocalamine, today i will go and search for it.

Thanks for your suggestion dear.