Train travel during 36-37th week

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sayantanidas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. sayantanidas

sayantanidas New IL'ite

Hi

I absolutely need to go to my native place for delivery. I cannot take leave before 36th week since my work won't allow it. So I have to do the train journey on 2nd April whereas my due date is 20th April.

The journey is comfortable though. I have bought 1st-AC class tickets; it is a 10-12 hour night journey so most of the time i will be sleeping. My husband will be going with me.

Please advise what precautions I need to take... :hide:

Thanks
    Sayantani
    Kolkata, India

2. geethakrishna

geethakrishna Senior IL'ite

Hi satyan,

Usually there should not be any problem as my own sis travelled in the last week of pregnancy home. But its not the same in the first pregnanacy and differs from person to person. The due date may be a little early than predicted... You better check with your gyno and consult her on the dos and donts... She will be able to guide you better... All the very best...........:thumbsup

3. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

It shouldnot be a problem i guess.....plus your husband is with u and its a short journey! But just ask your doc about it!

Take care and all the best for your delivery:cheers

Priyanka

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello
    Congratulations on your preganancy.
    hmm...not a problem absolutely though if you dont deliver on or before your journey date.

5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Just check with the Doc before on your water bag status. Why I am telling you this is coz, my niece was due on 22~24 December 2010 last, but got admitted in the NH on 3rd and delivered thru CS on 4th Dec. which is 20 days earlier, as her water bag was leaking on her previous check-up two weeks ago, and in the next week check up it was further leaking, but the baby's head never came down but growing further. So the Doc decided to do CS, as the baby may not have enough water to move inside by the due date and is not safe.

So pls. dont take chances, as the journey is 10~12 hours long in the midnight at that stage is not advisable.

Check with your Doc. and decide. Good Luck.

Best Wishes
    Shanti