Your first signs of labor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nayidulhan, Sep 25, 2010.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Friends:

What were your first signs of labor? How did you know that you were in labor? Everytime I feel slight uneasiness or discomfort in the belly, I feel I am in labor. :(

Please guide me.

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi you didnt mention your month..thats ok usually first sign of contraction differs for individuality. Some will get pain in back lower side, pain around hip and some false contractions will last for some secs but if u cange ur position of lying, do some activities the pain will stop this is due dialation in uterus some women start dialation early in 9th month..slowly it starts. The real labour shows sign of water break, discharge of blood, high contractions that u cant do any activities it will hurt u like anything, u wanted to bathroom often....

Best wishes for ur labour...advance congrats on your baby birth....

3. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

Hi nayidulhan
    First sign of labor for me was the contractions. The pain was like very sharp menstrual cramps but with gaps in between them.
    My water didnt break (they had to break it for me) and neither did I have any bleeding until the next day..
    So differs from person to person...

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

awwwhhh!!This was the question I asked my gynic in my 9th month. She laughed at me and told that - be patient, you will come to know soon!!!

Labor pains, they are worth to feel in life because they are that much intensive.
    When time arrives, you will come to know!!
    But Labor signs would be as PAB told, it varies from person to person.
    For some it would start with dehydration,and for others it would be severe menstrual cramps,water breaking,contractions etc.
    For me it was just severe contractions and my gynic broke my waters and proceeded for labor.

5. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Hey All,

Thanks for the replies. I am around a fortnight away from the EDD. I asked my gynaec, my Mom and others and they just said the same thing: " You will know soon...!" :drowning

Thankfully the Gynaec sees me every week now and during the visit last week told me that the delivery should not come before EDD so I ignore the pains. Let me see the opinion this weekend now. :bowdown

Thanks again for taking time out of your schedules to talk to me. :)

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nayidulhan
    first of all congradulations and may ur delivery be smooth...
    On my EDD,i got mild backpain and as time passed,the back pain started increasing and i started getting lite contractions and by night i was not able to sleep...at around 3 AM ,the contractions became intense and i had to rush to hospital..they gave my drips and that again increased my contractions..my water dint break so the doctors had to break and then they found that baby had passed meconium..had to end up getting C-section done
    Ok now u stop worrying and keep dreaming abt ur Little One
    Enjoy!!!!!!!

7. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Im from oct 2010 mommies club. Yday night i had period like cramps through out night. In the morning i saw slight spotting. Is it a labour sign?

Divya

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi dibu
    its always better to consult ur doctor at this situation...
    congrats in advance

9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I was in my 33rd week..at around 4am, my panty turned a little wet...i thought i peed my self..so I changed and went back to sleep.. it happened again at 6am...I thought I was losing my mucus plug...anyway thought i better get checked...so I called up work and told them i'll be late... went to the doc and realized my water broke!! that was the begining of labor for me....I was induced the next day and my dd was born!

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

how to differ labour pain from False pain???

Hi,

Am now 35th week now. frequently having stomac, leg and back pain. I cant sleep in a side for long time due to pain. But no bleeding or else... having little bit white discharge only... i losing my sleep... Its my First delivery and am having Placenta Previa also.. so am afraid lot and lot...

What can i do?? is it common in this weeks?? how to differ labour pain from false pain???

Am waiting for ur replies...:drowning