cord around neck !! Please advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Sniv2000, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

hi all, i went on my followup scan yesterday (following up on low amniotic fluid) and we got the scan results. Still the AFi is low - am on drips and medication and add to this; there is a single loop of cord around the baby's neck. Am 25 weeks now.

I am concerned as this definetely means - C section - is this so? I just feel little sad tat so soon in the6 month itself i came to know that it might be a C section.

How serious is this? will it affect the baby ? I am already trying to take efforts like - when changing sides (during sleeping) i get up and only then turn and so on...

i am really upset.. i will be visiting my doc tomorrow.. but want to hear from you experienced ladies as well..

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sniv
    Hugs to you....
    Cord around the neck...i have heard few of my friends/relatives saying this...to tell u,among them for few the cord by itself has come out of the baby's neck and for others C-sec had to be done
    Dont worry..dont keep thinkin of all these..everythin will become fine...just take care of sleeping positions and keep visitin ur Gyna to check on ur Baby
    Pray to god...have faith...Enjoy ur pregnancy
    God will take care of everythin
    All the best

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sniv,
    I have no experience with cord prolapse. Maybe it will resolve on its own. As long as you have a happy baby in hand, don't worry about the C. I know it is disappointing and irritating to know right now that your chances of a C are high but I guess you have time to prepare yourself mentally for it. Try not to stress yourself out unnecessarily.

How low is your fluid level? I hope it is borderline. Mine was really low, I had oligohydromamniosis starting really early(13-14 weeks) and I still made it to 33 weeks with a great OB. I was terrified and scared but with hospitalizations/ivs/meds etc we were able to make it. I was practically in and out of the hospital the entire pregnancy. I have a wonderful 8.5yrs old DD now, so just wanted to write and let you know that good outcomes do happen even with low fluids.

Take care,
    L

4. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

hey swaran, thanks for your hugs.. as you said i need to be alittle calm and put my trust on god totally.. thanks again

5. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

hi laks, your story was motivating... my level is 12 now.. and am 25 to 26 weeks...as u said i need to tell myself mentally that it is ok to be C section and it is not the end of the world...

My focus will now be only having a healthy baby rather thanworry about C section

6. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

at this point just pary for a healthy baby and completing full term, c/normal it does not matter.

All the best, dnt worry take proper rest!

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear, don't worry too much ! Cord can go on and off over all the baby's body. They move around so much that it always happens. Focus on being happy and healthy and say some prayers every day. Trust in God to take care of everything. and rest and rest and rest. one of my friends was on bed rest from week 12- week 40 of her pregnancy ... if she can make it so can you!

I had a c-section because my water broke. A friend of mine had a c-section because the cord was looped twice around the baby's neck. Both babies were born at 37 weeks and are hale and hearty. The way I see it, in a normal delivery you get stiches in the vagina, in a c-section you get them on your tummy. I don't know about you, but I'd rather get them on my tummy if I had to choose! I am not saying natural delivery is bad, no it is not, but at the end of the day, if you need a c-section for your baby's health, there is nothing to feel guilty about. now a days, doctors do it so well, in my case, there were no staples and the doc used dissolvable stiches and something called derma glue which made taking care of the incision much easier ... my SIL had a c section 8 years before I did and she had staples and all *shudder*.

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I agree with everyone above...Normal or C-section do not worry..End of the day you and your baby should be healthy. That's all matters..Even I ended up in a C-section. My water broke and I dilated only upto 6 cms and ended up in a C-section. When the doc told me that he has to do a C-section, even I was angry/frustrated and scared..But all I thought was well being of my baby..

Even I did not have staples. My doc used the derma bond. DH says he can hardly see the scar on my tummy..So don't worry everything will be fine.

Take rest and keep up your positive thoughts.

9. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

lucky you! I did not progress beyond 4 cms :-(
    my doc says strict no-no for a vbac for next time (if there is one). but I hope to find a doc who will do it.

10. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Same here. Even I hope to have a Vbac (if I have nother baby!) but doubt that will happen!!!

But one of my friend had a Vbac recently so that gives me little hope!!