Baby's Intelligence

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by priyank, Apr 4, 2010.

1. priyank

priyank New IL'ite

Hi All,

I wanted to know if a baby's temperament has anything to do with his intelligence later on in his life. Are babies who are calm by nature less bright than active babies and babies who want a lot of attaention.

I have a 2 month old baby boy. He is very sweet and calm . Right now he smiles at people and coos when we talk to him. But he is not a screamer. My cousin has a son who is literaly a screamer right from his birth. So every body is comparing him with my baby and say that my boy is not as active so he won't be so bright in his studies and develop oratory skill very late.

Thought i am not so much worried as i know each babies temperament is different. But just wanted to know all ur thoughts on this matter. And is the prediction really true scientifically.

Thanks in advance
    Priyank.

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

I should say please dont listen to such myths!
    There is no correlation between a baby's intelligence and tempermant.Itsperfectly normal for a two month old to smile at people...Both my kids were the same around that time...However, older one started to develop stranger anxiety when he has around 6 months which lasted until he was 2 yrs old...younger one...i should wait...he is 4 months old and mostly a friendly baby...I had my older one evaluated by a pead and she said it was perfectly normal for some babies to be overtly cautious with strangers...
    Each baby is different.Enjoy your baby for what he is and please dont compare him with any other baby...in fact DH and I never compare our two kids...each baby is different...
    Deepa.

3. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

What??!! My brother was way way naughtier than I was and teachers who taught both of us said that I am more intelligent than him. A happy baby isn't a dull baby. My nephew was a non-crier but turned out to be super-naughty once mobility kicked in.

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

priya
    ignore thos comments
    everybaby is different
    i dont think we can judge or compare a 2 months old baby
    common those people who compare should have some sense before taling something like this
    thats sooo cute your LO smiles when he looks at people
    dont stress yourself thinking about all this..

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Dear Priyanka

:rotflis what i could do after reading your question :)

what do you expect more from a 2 month old baby dear?

My daughter was very calm and totally no issues even after she was around 15 months old...She would not even cry aloud for the vaccinations, her voice started coming out only after 5 monhts.

But .. now she is hyperactive - always on her toes keeping us alert, and we thank god she happened to be a girl and we could hardly imagine her ways had she been a boy! That much of tantrums.Of course she is intelligent too.she would be easily identifying all the Cartoon shows well when she was 14 months when i sing the tune of th title song of the show!

Now she can identify people, identify pictures, know certain customs at home and all.. Good grasping power too.. :)

There is nothing to worry about the kid being less interactive or less pranksome :)

The real pranks all come out when hte baby has atleast crossed 10 months.

Dont worry dear! your baby is a healthy normal kid and nothing absolutely to worry at all!

Happy Momming! Take CAre!:thumbsup

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi priyank! please don't pay attention to such people who are in the business of comparing.everybody is different and every child's milestones are different.just enjoy being with your kido.don't miss this time as this time is not going to come back again.enjoy each and every moment with your kid.cheers-anu:)

7. veenat

veenat New IL'ite

hi sarajara,
    now how old ur daughter is? is she going to playschool now?