Pain after IC post delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by enlightened, Mar 29, 2010.

1. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I delivered a baby boy in Dec...last week I experienced severe pain in lower abdomen post IC...I am embarrased to approach my gyn...please tell me if such pain is normal...BTW we resumed IC only 3 months post my c section...

2. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

IC = Intercourse right ??

Yes it is very normal..

It is going to hurt the first few times, the more you do it the less it will hurt. You should use KY jelly and lots of foreplay..

Your doctor will tell you the same thing..

You should not be ashamed to talk to your GYN.. she is there to help you. if you are worried talk to GYN.

3. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

hey its quite common.it took 6 months for me to feel normal after my delivery after IC.(mine was a normal delivery) wait patiently and tell ur DH also to be patient.mayb in another 1 or 2 months everything will b fine

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Enlightened, post partum,there is a greater likelihood of vaginal dryness from the hormones (I believe Oestrogen levels are suppressed during breastfeeding.) Seconding PP, K Y Jelly, other lubricants etc. can help.
    But if your drive is zilch - which also happens till you ovulate - no amount of K Y Jelly will make it easy to do the deed :). Talk with your husband, he should know what is happening with you. It is alright to say No if you are scared because of the pain. It takes women up to six months to feel completely healed after child birth trauma to the birth passage and even longer for their sex drive to return. Work with your husband to fulfill both your needs, penetrative sex is just one form. Do talk to your doctor, she/he has seen a lot more than you can imagine and perhaps will have some wonderful advice to help your sex life.

5. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Tikka,preethi and Devika!

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Adding to this topic I have few questions..
    After IC, these days am facing some kind of irritation all over my urinary area.. is this normal? I didnt face this before but just after delivery

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hiiiiiii

@Enlightened

Dont Worry...I feel its the usual thing...Becoz after the C-sEction,our body will be very tried and especially even more since we breastFeed.
    But i also feel that you can seek your doctor's advice for this (safer side)...Plz dont feel Embaressed dear

@Anitha

I would plz request you to talk to your Gyna for this becoz, after my C-Sec i was asked whether i have this irritation while passing urine.I dint have so i dont know what could be the issue in case you have the irritation.So plz without hesitation,consult your doctor.

8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Irritation only after IC and stays overnight and goes away.
    I will see GYN if it occurs next time