PIH/Preeclampsi... PLEASE HELP WITH INFO..

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by jhalli27, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I delivered through emergency C section last week as i was diagonsed with having PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). baby is doing fine, but my blood pressure (BP) is yet to stabilize. i read a lot of information on the internet and all says only 1 in 1600 women get it. im seriously worried now.

can someone please put light on how to take care post delivery so that the bp does not increase? and is it life threatning? what do i do so that it comes back to normal? will it ever come back to normal?

deepa, as a doula - can u share some experience of ur clients who had similar problems? ar anyone who has/experienced PIH please please pleasssssssssssssssee help me.

im quite tensed and desperate...

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

congratulations on your baby...Another mom on another board I know had HELLP syndrome and had high BP almost for a month after delivery. She was on medication for a while... this is the Preeclampsia FAQ someone had posted in response to a question. Till Deepa gets here, you may find answers here... apparently it is common to have elevated BP up to 6 weeks PP. Hope you feel well soon. Sending some quick healing vibes your way. Hugs.

3. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jhalli

COngratulations! I am not sure how long it has been since you had your baby. High BP is expected to stay for 6 weeks after birth. You will be on medication and strict diet control which is very important. But first thing for you is to relax. Please calm down and relax and enjoy your baby.

I have a friend who had HIP in the first preg and was delivered like you. She also had the condition for 45 days. and then got contained.

For her second preg she was very careful about her diet. and was put on a small dose of medicine from 2 nd trimester and did very well and had a safe delivery.

SO dont think this will affect you for ever. Yes you have to be more careful but with proper diet you will be ok.

Let me know if there is anything more specific. Sorry I was not around here earlier, send me an email or call me from directory if there is anything you need immediately.

I am sure you will be fine. Take care and keep us updated.

Cheers
    Deepa

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

thanks tikka and deepa.

its relieving to know the condition is not forever. the best/funny part is whenever im out of the house (hospital for a test), the bp is perfectly normal 110/70 or 110/80. so it makes me feel to be my normal self and do normal things. i had my delivery on 14th nov deepa... im on strict low salt diet, but they do put ghee and medium spices. im also on medcation for 1 week.
    personally i feel quite good. but sometimes the reaction of people around me and the thought of monitoring bp tenses me. anyways, will try my best to relax..