Need Help with Breast Pump!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by chaitrahegde, Feb 25, 2009.

1. chaitrahegde

chaitrahegde New IL'ite

Dear All,

This is my first post on this website..

I am Chaitra and i live in US, i had a baby boy 5 mths ago and since his birth i hv been very unsucessful having him latch on to my breast .. well the next best option at tat time was to express milk... and ever since then i hv been expressing milk i would say like a cow... (Mooooo), well jokes apart it saves my life! My son refuses to drink any formula and is totally dependent on mommys milk. Doc suggested "Nestle good start supreme DHA & ARA" as she believes it is easily available in India too. But my son hates it!

I have been using a electric breast pump that we have rented from the hospital, now we to return it as we would be going back to India (Bangalore) next month.

I really want to know if anyone has been in a situation that they had to depart from their breast pump and if so wat did you all do when you went to India.. Did anyone buy breast pump from here (US) which worked in India?? If not did you buy any breast pump in Bangalore? If yes please tell me where can i find one and how much does tat cost.

I really appreciate any help on this..

Thanks a ton in advance
    Cheers,
    Chai [​IMG]

2. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

Hi Chaitrahegde,
    As far as i know u can take the BP to india & u can use it with the help of a converter(which u can buy anywhere like in radioshack) or batteries(depends on the type of BP u have) which ever is convenient.
    Sdevir

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Medela Adanced Breast Pump is the best one here and can be used in india using a converter or rechargeble batteries. I also know that you can purchase the medela breastpump in bangalore and chennai.

4. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Hi Chai,

If you are looking for electrical pumbs means, I dont have any idea. But if it is Manual means, I definitely suggest Evenflo. Its very cheap around $18 in Walmart. You can express nearly 5 oz milk in 5 minutes, if your breast is full.

-Dhana Sathesh

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chai...

breast pumps are available in bangalore both manual and electrical in Baby's day out and Baby planet in koramangala 7th block.

love,
    Padma

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi chaitra,
    Medala's BPs electric and manual are available in Mothercare in Shopper Stop in Bannergatta as well as in indira Nagar. There are other brands also easily available in some other stores.

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I have bought Ameda's Purely Yours pump.
    Although it s adapter is not meant for 220 V, it has battery mode. Needs 6 AA batteries.
    This pump was suggested at my breastfeeding class. I intend to carry it to India in June.

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Medela makes a manual pump called harmony that sells for around 35 bucks. I use it on flights where I can't plug in my electric one.

9. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

hi everyone I m madhu living in Singapore. my baby girl is now on 4th month. From one month onwards she is refused to latch on one breast (left side).I am getting pain and milk supply became low. I heard from my friends that if I stopped giving milk breast infection will come and milk tastes become salty. So I bought pigeon manual breast pump to pump milk in that breast but in that suction pressure is low not getting milk. I am thinking to buy Electrical breast pump Can anyone please suggest me best electrical breast pump which is having high suction pressure , comfortable and somewat normal cost. please help me

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't think stopping milk in one side will bring infection. May be milk production will stop assuming its not needed. You can give it a try with pumps and bottle feed the milk until you decide to stop breast milk totally.
    Try medella, heard its good.