Does the second delivery have to be a C-section too?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by rojaramesh2005, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: delivery

San - the doc can find out by doing a scan.

V.

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

oh ok, tnx vanathi!

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi SanRavi,
    Since your in US I advice you to get hold of good Midwife who has good experience. They are more helpful than the gynecs.Thats my personal experience.
    Thanks
    Mangai

4. rajisrinivasan

rajisrinivasan New IL'ite

thankyou, traveller
    you r right at one point, about doctors in India, preferring c -sec for II dely.
    any way, thankyou

5. rajisrinivasan

rajisrinivasan New IL'ite

thank you aadhusmom(i prefer calling you by that name,rather vanathi,- coz i love that cutie aadhavan)

6. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread Raji. This is the information I am looking for as well.

Latha, I am surprised that in Germany induction after a first c-section is performed. I had my first by c-section. I was admitted for an induction and the baby was stressed and then ended up having an emergency c-section. This time, my doctors have told me that they would not induce as my first was a c-section. Can you please write more about your experience, why did you go for VBAC the second time? Did you need episiotomy? If so, how did you heal compared to c-section stitches?

Thanks in advance,
    Gayathri.

7. sindhup

sindhup New IL'ite

I am expecting my second one and the first one was a C-section - 3wks early due to low amniotic fluid; tried inducing but after 10 hours baby did not tolerate well. Mine was a regular C-section and incision is low transverse. I have been reading on this topic to understand pros and cons. Here is an informative article I found from ACOG (American College of OB & Gyns) They are a non-profit professional association that does a lot of awareness and outreach activities
    ACOG Education Pamphlet AP070 -- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery

8. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

raji,

I think its not that if the first delivery is c-section, second should also be c-section. It depends on the health condition and the gynec too. Some of my friends had VBAC. But i don't have much knowledge abt it.

Even i'm in totally confused state now. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My first delivery was c-section 5 yrs back in India.Now i'm in US and my delivery will be here in US. My gynec. left to me to decide abt the delivery. She also wants my first delivery history to try for normal which I don't have now. I asked the history abt my previous delivery in that hospital (India), but they are taking such a long time to issue.I'm not sure whether they maintain those.My mom often visits the hospital to get my records, but of no proper inf.....

Now i feel like I need to try for normal, but no previous delivery history available. In this case i should go for C-section only. But my friends say since if you have a chance for normal delivery, why do I need to go for c-section...tats reasonable.....I had worst experience in my first delivery,which for purposely done(18 days before my due date)..so tooooo scared abt delivery now.....i already discussed abt this in another thread.....I'll be happy if god takes my baby out magically...tat won't happen...hmmmm....

Thanks for reading my story and Polambal ,friends..just venting out...

Hope I'll get some idea here on this...

Pinky.

9. winck

winck New IL'ite

Normal Delivery this time?

Hi,

I have had a last miute C-Section, in spite of having severe pains during my first baby's birth and now I am pregnant with our second one...

I just wanted to know if I have any chance of having a normal delivery this time around? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks,
    Ashwini

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom New IL'ite

Re: Normal Delivery this time?

Hi,

Congratulations! I am expecting my second one too. I too had a last minute C section during my first delivery in India...and now the doctor has confirmed that i will have a C section second time too....it all depends on the way the uterus was opened...hope this helps..