baby getting dark after phototherapy !!!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by ligichriston, May 18, 2015.

1. ligichriston

ligichriston New IL'ite

hi all,
    my baby boy was born very fair until he had his two days photo therapy he totally gone dark.this is not about how to get his fairness back. i want to know does his color returns after sometimes or what?
    Ps: my mil was the one who was bathing my lit one from his naval separated and she was using very big qty of coconut oil on his whole body. so simply put after photo therapy he was dark but after his bathing sections started he turned extremely dark.is this good to use that much quantity of oil on a baby.or now anything i can do to make him a lit more lighter?

2. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi,

i can assure that its not because of the coconut oil. my son was also born fair. but after one week he became dark. Now he is 2.6 years old and his face is fair and body is dark. but when i take him to native his color lightens to a great extent. Whats theere in the skin color.

i don't mind it much...

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Oiling and exposing to sun results in heavy tan.
    You can expose to sun without the oil.
    Oiling can be done inside the house.
    If it is tan.....it will slowly fade.

Op... babies are usually a bit fairer , pinker/reddish at birth...slowly the colour changes.Most babies settle down to a color closer to close family members like parents and grand parents. Very rarely does a child differ very drastically from parents.....it does happen though.

1 person likes this.
  4. ligichriston

ligichriston New IL'ite