How to get flat tummy after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sandhyaranimote, Mar 26, 2015.

1. sandhyaranimote

sandhyaranimote Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I have delivered my baby on Feb 13th. I have belly it looks like, now I'm 3 months pregnant. Has anyone got flat tummy after pregnancy.Is it possible to get rid of it. Please guide me to get back in shape. I have right weight for my height.I'm breastfeeding my baby. Any suggestions and tips?

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Kindly ask your Gynecologist regarding this. For me, on the day of discharge, they asked me to do some exercises.

It really worked for me!

So contact your Gyn regarding exercises!

3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

You can start slowly with walking.. When you are feeding baby, you can reduce more weight because of the hormones. But be judicious in your eating habits, since the baby needs nourishment from you. You will feel very hungry since you are feeding. So instead of binging on ghee or junk foods, you can eat fruits or veg salads. That way your baby will also feel benefitted..
    And after 3 months, you can start doing planks/ crunches slowly to tighten the skin around the tummy. (if C-Section, Consult your Ob GYN first to confirm whether you can start exercise and then start).

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, so many people have got a flat tummy.. Ok, agree , we don't have actually flat! But definitely not like 3 months..

What helps:
    1. Food diet
    2. Wearing a girdle in your stomach region; belt; abdominal binder or any such
    3. walking while pushing your child in a stroller

(The above are must do, can be done easily)

Others definitely include:
    1. yoga
    2. exercise/gym after you have got an okay from the doc.

Good luck girl; it IS POSSIBLE!

1 person likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have had 2 c-sections. Last one was in Sept 2013 with a heavy baby girl. My tummy along with my body became too heavy after that.

Since I had post c-section infections and issues, I was asked to take complete rest for a while. But after the 3rd month, my Gynecologist gave me a green signal for mild exercises. I started with walking, and bending exercises. Then slowly by 6th month on wards, I did crunching tummy exercises in the morning and eve for 20 min each.
    Continued with walking. I normally walked wherever possible within close proximity of my area (eg to church, to visit my bro,etc) and also did some house hold chores, gardening stuff which required lots of bending.

I was also very careful about my diet. You only need healthy food and not too much food to nurse your baby. Beware, our moms or family members would confuse you about this matter by giving so much food after delivery. Eat less food, so frequently, and only healthy food. Good diet at all the time in important. Drink milk, but again less in quantity. But lot of water, fenugreek, leaves, lean meat, egg etc..etc.. (protine) for breast milk.

I started Yoga when my kid was around 8 months... That helps a lot

I have a flat tummy now. Lost all the additional weight, and I am able to wear my pre-pregnancy tight cloths, jeans etc..etc.. I was able to do that have it all before my baby turned one.

2 people like this.
  6. sandhyaranimote

sandhyaranimote Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for your suggestions,I had 2 normal deliveries but second one was complicated because my baby was big.I used to do yoga before pregnancy. Gap between my 2 pregnancies was short, so before i get flat tummy after my first pregnancy got pregnant so my tummy is big now.Once my doctor gives me okay to do exercises, i'll start yoga and abdominal exercises.Hopefully i'll get flat tummy. Once again thank you all for your wonderful suggestions.

7. atnandini26

atnandini26 New IL'ite

Thk u for all ur valuable suggestions