c-section and no one to help

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by cheesecake, Jan 8, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

i am going to have a c-section because of big breech baby and i have no one to help me out after delivery.my husband has only 15 days paternity leave.please suggest me how to take care of my newborn.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Hire somebody to come over to cook and clean for a month or 2. Meanwhile see if you can have somebody come from your family asap. You need fresh food at all times and somebody to clean and give baby baths and you too. Dont exert yourself too much.Dont skip meals becoz you miss sleep. Eat well at all times to keep up the stamina. Can you have some one come asap for you. Good Luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hugs dear,

try getting ur mom, or mil for help.

or hire someone for 1 month at least ?

since it is c- better to have someone with you.

regards,
    resmi

1 person likes this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Its better to hire some one for help, please don't judge tat you can manage alone.

You require lot of rest now and if your baby give you sleepless nights then your daily chores will go for a toss. so please hire someone and get acquainted with them before hand. This will help you to solve only 50% of your problems for rest of the other physical difficulties that you may experience please hire a nanny who could help you in making baby bath and other things.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I had two c sections and I was able to walk next day and was babies primary care giver even though I had others .They would give you strong pain medication which will help and usually pain goes away within a week . If it persists you need to call doctor.

if you have an option ,hire someone for help . If not you need to plan ahead.

babies sleep most of the times , so you can coordinate your sleep cycles with the baby and focus only on the baby for the first fifteen days . Are you first time parents , if so you will have many questions about baby care , get them addressed in hospital as much as you can . You may need to find pediatrician for baby , so find out now and keep numbers handy so you can register baby there and get care. Usually oh can call them for any questions. What to expect books are good to give you some answers .
    If you are not confident don't venture into baby baths , sponge bath are sufficient.

The main issue will be food , if you still have some time for delivery , prepare double when ever you cook now and store in freezer . Grind lot of dosa , idli batter and store . You can even store chutneys too . Have enough food stashed away if you can , else Find out if you have someone who sells rotis and other stuff and plan to buy from them , talk to them now to know the prices and other stuff : rotis are quite cheap . Make it clear to your husband that will need all the help you can get from him even when he returns to office .

Don't worry about mess in the house for time being and hire cleaners if you need . The only thing you need to take care is not to lift heavy things otherwise you will be ok within few days of c - section .

Good of luck and don't stress.

3 people like this.
  6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It should not be a problem as your husband is home in the evening/nights/weekends and you can delegate all heavy stuff to him. It is actually good to be physcially active (of course taking also rest when the baby is sleeping) as it makes the recovery faster. Fill up the freezer/fridge with food, delegate cleaning etc to your hubby and enjoy your days with the baby :).

7. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

thank you so much everyone.my mil or mom wont be able to come for next 2 months after delivery.i was just wondering is it too painful after a c section.my hubby says he will do all the work.lol but ofcourse he will also be very tired too.good idea to freeze meals.anything else i should do beforehand.

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I did not feel any pain at all but that is because of pain medication but I did not need any pain medication after a week .

only thing I noticed is you may need help while string up from the bed initially as there is discomfort when you are about to get up sitting or standing , some one need to help you help.
    get all the stuff ready for the baby , clothes , initial diapers , diaper rash creams etc . Milk may come in late sometimes in c -sec so don't panic and dr will offer formula to baby if baby is loosing weight. Take it. While in hospital if you are unable they will be able to put the baby in nursery but I would advise you to have yeh baby with you . Just skin to skin contact for the baby is comfortable , so be prepared to hold the baby close for long hours , get comfortable pillows for bed so you can sit up while holding the baby .

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

In my area you can also hire aides through the local government public nursing office. Here it is on a sliding pay scale and those people have to pass background checks and are medically trained to take care of patients in various conditions. It may also be possible that your insurance will cover that. There are also private nursing services but the cost is much higher.

10. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Cheesecake,

Don't worry you will be able to manage all alone. I had my first c-section 4 years back , all alone, Me and DH. Unfortunatly, my maid also left work that time due some serius issue in her family and we were not able to get new maid. But i was able to take care of baby and home with the help of my DH.

1. Per my Dr recommendation, I started walking from next day of my section (my second section is scheduled for 19 Jan, planning again same thing). It helped me for faster recovery.
    2. Until you are in hospital, will suggest you to keep baby in nursery (I did not have this option in India but planning for this time in USA) so that you can have good sleep during hospital.
    3.Not sure if you heard but my couple of friends suggested me to get ab binder (post natal belt) to help on recovery (check with your Dr, some hospitals do provide that)
    4. Start your house work slowly ..good thing here in USA is we can have frozen chapathi (I have stocked my fridge as my DH doesnot know cooking)
    5. Do not worry about cleaning (give that work to DH)

And last drink lots of water it really helped me in recovery during last C-section.

Trust me, I started doing everything after10 days of my C-section and recovered very fast (my Dr was also surprised :) ). This time I have my preschooler with me , so have to do same thing.