Post pregnancy energy

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by shrutimanjunath, Apr 17, 2014.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies.

I delivered a baby boy last month Nd now the baby is one month old. I had a normal delivery.

I couldn't get any help from family so me and my hubby managed ourselves post delivery. I could not rest all the time just managed to work little households and passed till now. I still lack energy and don't feel myself like earlier.

I did a lot of work during pregnancy but now managing baby itself is like a big task.

When do we get normal.? Is it different for different people. ?
    I want to be like earlier multitasking but now feeling lack of energy. Is this normal.

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

I had a C-section. My baby is 1.5 yrs old. I felt that I too have lost all my energy. I could not even sit down on the floor and get up until recently.

Just recently I found myself getting back to normal. So in my case, I feel it will take at least a year to get back to normal.... In my case I was mentally troubled a lot post delivery so may be I took more time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shruthi,
    With my first child, after a normal delivery I could resume all my daily activity after six weeks. I did have help though. I didn't have to do much until my mom left after five months. With my second, after the c-section, he was in the NICU for six weeks. I was running back and forth and didn't get any down time. It took me four months to get to some semblance of normal and six months to get completely normal. Second time I was in India, I had all the additional help.

In your case, since you don't have the help, give yourself at least a couple of more months. I hope you are eating adequately, drinking plenty of water and getting your prenatal vitamins.

A lot of new moms feel drained because of the lack of sleep too. Try and catch naps when the baby sleeps. Try to get your DH to do at least one night time feeding/diapering so you can have some uninterrupted sleep.

HTH.

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear shruti,

Congrats to you for the LO:2thumbsup:
    And managing all by yourselves, that itself is a great venture :hatsoff

One month is just too little time to be up and running, it will take some more weeks for u to be with full energy.. May be another one month. But ofcourse we can never compare our energy with that before delivery.. Because you would be feeding, diapering, all through the nights too.. Less sleep.. and more work now

Eat healthy food, Make it a point to sleep as much as you can, and keep yourself hydrated especially if BF. You will be ok soon.. Don't stress..Chillout!

5. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ladies.

Im im just feeling when il be back to normal. My hubby takes care of night feeds formula. But my baby is so fussy crying all the time. I can't think of anything. No rest as well. Hopefully I should be up and running with energy by next 2 months.

6. tndocgirl

tndocgirl Bronze IL'ite

Dear shruti, being a mother to a newborn and managing the house is in itself the heights of multitasking. Trust me, this is a very stressful period physically. Do not expect to always have the same level of enthusiasm that u did pre pregnancy. Also make sure you take your iron, calcium and vitamin supplements as it will take upto 2 years for any normal person to replenish their body's stores after delivery. As others have pointed out, do take frequent naps. Watch nice happy movies, read happy novels, basically keep yourself happy. Try to get domestic help for cooking and managing the household. As early as 1 1/2 months after delivery, start exercising your back and abs and go out for long walks. Take high protein diet preferably some nice drinks meant for feeding moms.
    take care.

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shruti,

Is your baby taking enough milk every 2.5-3hrs once? Even, if he is sleeping wake him up for feeds (do not leave him without milk for more than 3 hrs). Also, show him some light through balcony windows.

If babies sleep in the day then they'll be awake in the night.

Mine cries for feeds and then goes to sleep. Sometimes, he ask us to carry him around. In the day, me or my DH or my parents would do that but in nights carrying at 3-4 am is little bit difficult.

8. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Becoming a mother is a blessed thing in the whole universe . I totally agree you have done your hard work of creating a beautiful person to the world for past 9 months give the same 9 months to bring up a beautiful person enjoy each moments of the activity . This is reality you will have many more months of sleepless nights just rest your eyes when baby is sleeping ...

I am a mother of a 3.5 yrs old and 9 months i totally agree and agree no doubts of you wanting your time but this is your time with your baby ...enjoy your bundle of joy just pour some love on the baby your time will just fly away start interacting with the baby rather than focusing something else .... sing a song ,hold the baby in your arm and swing for the music you love ....... if you slowly do this you will start loving what you do and you will not feel the pain. Trust me your time will fly away ... and believe me those beautiful moments cannot be captured or reversible ...so just enjoy enjoy :)

anithapartha congrats i wasnt aware you delivered a baby .... :) congrats again take care