Post pregnancy weight loss and fatigue. Please help !!!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by jeera2013, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jeera2013

jeera2013 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies, My baby is now in her 8th month. I exclusively breastfed her for 4.5 months after which it wasn't sufficient for her hunger needs. So compensated with formula twice a day. Now I have started with solids for her. the Baby's health is good and active with good weight gain.
    I'm currently staying with my hubby and kid away from country.I have been taking care of the kid alone for the past two months as hubby is sucked inot work. I'm currently feeding her only once a day now as per the Doctor's advice here as I was unable to do my day-to-day activities.
    Even now Though I eat normal diet, I get exhausted easily and losing weight. Can anyone please suggest any good food for me or have any advice in this? Some friends advice me to stop the feeding completely as the baby has already got accustomed to formula and solids. But I'm very thoughtful whether the baby might not getting the antibodies from mother's milk? Please help me...

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Disclaimer: Its probably a late response, but trying to reply for any future scenarios.

Its advisable to feed the baby upto 2 years and as long as the mom and baby wishes to do so, by WHO and other organizations. But, what I see is, this particular thing varies from culture to culture, country to country. Some places they don't BF at all, where as in some places there is tandem nursing and also BF toddlers till 3 years or so.

Coming to your query that you are exhausted and feeling tired, it could be because of insufficient food intake/ not nutritional stuff. Eating balanced meals a day with atleast 3 vege and 2 fruits, not to forget the calcium foods like milk, yoghurt and also the carbs can give the required energy. Also, you might need to check with your doc if you have a vitamin deficiency.

Whether to stop BF or not should be entirely your choice and ofcourse as per your child's wish..