post delivery food and care alone in usa

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by shrutimanjunath, Aug 3, 2013.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My due date is in March 2014. Im in austin texas currently, I would not have my family members during my delivery and only me n hubby have to manage alone. iM consulting at St davids healthcare at north austin.

I m concerned about the indian foods that i can take post my delivery. As i cant cook myself..my hubby has to do it. Do u have any suggestions who can cook post delievry food for me in and around north austin.

I know its too early to break my head for these things right now... but yes its a concern...

If not give me the list of indian foods once can take post delivery..

Thanks..:):coffee

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Shruti,

I'm also from north Austin and I see home made food flyers posted in grocery stores. Call and ask them if they can cook food after delivery.

3. shrutimanjunath

Hi Uma,
    thhnks fr ur reply...
    Are you currently pregnant? Are u working? I see ur ticker as 9 weeks pregnant. if yes congrats.. Could u tell me which stores show flyers. I generally go to kp grocery and havent found anything similar. I would be grateful if i get any one to supply me hygienic
    food to me n my hubby especially one-2 weeks post delivery..

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Yes I am. :). We both are in the same march 2014 club. I go to kp store as well. I saw a flying on home made food there.

5. shrutimanjunath

:cool2:Congrats to u Uma.. :). Its so nice that I ve got someone due in march 2014. Lemme check some home made food flyer this time..

me sick of eating the food prep by me.. most of the times my DH cooks these days.

I feel like eating outside food most of the times.

If anything cud be there for the best affordable price.. i can have it from there whenever i want to.

1 person likes this.
  6. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

I don't feel like anything but Indian. My husband doesn't cook. So, I have to cook. There is no other option :-(

Usually we like to eat out a lot. We eat out at least 2-3 times a week. Where do you go for Indian food in north austin?

1 person likes this.
  7. shrutimanjunath

Uma we generally go to bombay bistro or bombay express. there is one naanfull restaurant but not that gr8 food there. i got info of one home made veg food for a cheaper rate.mailed her at homemadevegfood@gmail.com.

She mailed me the menu..and the rates r cheap.. yet to taste it.

8. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

congrats on your pregnancy. I gave birth to my daughter on June and me and my husband tackled everything alone since then. It will be really tough during 1st month by later it will be smooth. I cook simple things like daal, rice and some vegetable stir fry :) these things your husband can easily make. and if you want to breastfeed try oatmeal, it increases supply. If you have normal delivery it would not be very tough to do regular household stuffs, I even cooked on the day we returned from hospital, as we were pissed off with the quality of food in hospital and being in a small town we dont have much choice of Indian food here.

9. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

by the way if you have any friends request them to give you home cooked food on the date of your delivery, I had to eat the worst thing in hospital after delivery (during labor they wont allow you to eat anything, so you will be empty stomach right after delivery) and I vomited (I did not vomited during 9 months of my pregnancy :p). So it will be good idea to bring home cooked indian food to eat right after delivery.

10. shrutimanjunath

Hi,

Thanks very much.
    Please share your story labour, delivery and post partum. was yours a c section or normal. Do u give bath to your baby with oil massage or in tub.?