copper t and pcod

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Rachna, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

my baby is 8 months old. i opted for copper t (multiload)after thinking a lot. i was neither comfortable in condoms nor pills.i have heard that if you are exclusively breastfeeding, pill should be avoided. After insertion, i came to know that in case i get pregnant with it, it will lead to miscarriage. i m really scared and now repenting on my decision.i was told by my cousin that i have chosen wrong option as i have pcod. i will not be able to know whether i am pregnant or not due to long cycles/gap.pls help me...is it a wrong choise for a lady with pcod.

After inserting, i feel slight bleeding and little cramp in legs.is it normal?

My last period was heavy (before 2 days it lasted). will it lead to heavy flow in next periods also as i have opted for copper t now?

One more doubt i have..when i opened the pamphlet attached with the packet, its written that while breastfeeding, there is increased risk that multiload can pass the uterine wall.what is it? is copper t advisable for a lady nursing her baby?

2. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

is it normal to bleed even after 4 days of insertion? today is 4th day of inserting cu t and i am still bleeding.its not heavy.do i need to check with doctor? does copper t prevents further pregnancy? pls advice based on your experience

3. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

its not good what i feeel .. better always is condoms only

4. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Copper T can be safe for women with PCOS. Being a metabolic disorder, PCOS will not trouble copper T.

A breast feeding mother can have copperT. 8 out of 10 women tolerate copperT normally. 2 out of 10 women will have abnormally excessive bleeding even after 6 months after insertion. Few develop infection. Only when excessive bleeding does not settle many months after insertion, copperT is considered UNFIT for that woman and removed.

For a vast majority of women, the excess bleeding subsides within 2 to 3 months. Then copperT continues to be there without any issues.

Thanks for your Private Message. Stay in touch. Bye.

1 person likes this.
  5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai,

It depends everybody's health condition. Normally you should go for a check up once in two months with the doctor and any doubt pls immediately consult the doctor. Foreign body in our body will cause some problem.

6. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

thanks all for reply

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

am considering this as pills brought in a havoc lately. Is everything OK now?

8. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

@rakhi
    thanks for concern rakhi.everything is better now..bleeding almost stopped but spotting is there. will see if it suits me for 2-3 month otherwise will get it removed. pls tell me for how many days you had spotting or bleeding just after inserting it.

i myself feel that pill should not be taken due to one or another reason.which pill you were having?what happened lately?

1 person likes this.