Feeding problem

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sushma8712, Mar 30, 2013.

1. sushma8712

sushma8712 Silver IL'ite

Hi all, my daughter is15 day old and she keeps me engaged for breast feeding almost every 1.5 hrs almost for hrs.i m having back pain n so much feeding causes breast pain.Plz suggest something.

2. ttcbindu

ttcbindu Junior IL'ite

Hi sushma,

I understand your situation.. my daughter too was very much into breast milk till close to 16 months...
    Baby's take long time to feed when they are that young......they will pick up speed later though.

You can do something to make yourself comfortable.
    Keep a pillow on your lap and let the baby lie on this pillow, this way you don't have to bend as much.
    Try feeding the baby , lying down..... with the baby on your side

I gues breast pumps are available in india too.. the manual one works well too. U can pump milk and store it in fridge for 2 days.s, u can feed this milk in bottle.

I hope these suggestions will be of some help.
    Enjoy your new bundle of joy

Bindu

3. kirru

kirru Silver IL'ite

Check whether you have sufficient r not and also check is she able to suck the milk r able to hold the nipple.
    If not express the milk in to bottle and feed her

4. 3ds

3ds Bronze IL'ite

I understand what you are talking about and it happened to me also. My baby is 6 months now. But he took long time to feed. As ttcbindu said babies will pick up the speed. My baby is quick in feeding after a month I think. When I had the back pain I used to pump the milk and gave it to him in bottles. I bought Philips Avent manual one ( in India). I used pillow to relax my back and bought feeding pillow( in India) which helped me alot. I feed baby by sitting on my bed. Doc asked to bring the baby to feed without bending my body.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Wow...thats really long time. Is she actually drinking milk or just dozing off? If she takes 1.5 hrs for 1 feed, when does she ask for milk again?

I suggest you meet a lactation consultant and see if she is latching well or not. 1.5 hrs a long time, at that age, it shouldnt take that long.