Bajaj almond drops- can I use for baby body massage for a 3 months old kid?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Vijayarahini, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Plz help me ASAP..
    Am in a great confusion and her skin is getting dried easily here.

2. RamyaST

RamyaST Silver IL'ite

Not sure about bajaj almond drops but you can try using baby vaseline(rose tub) and baby lotions which are specifically made to protect the baby soft skin especially during winter.

Once in a week you can massage baby with any PURE oil(almond, olive, coconut)

3. kkmom

kkmom Silver IL'ite

Please dont use bajaj almond drops, dont you think it gives some scented smell? IMO it has chemicals, and might harm baby's skin. Go for baby products.

4. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks RamyaST and KKmom for ur quick reply. I shall use the pure one.guess v ll get it in Indian stores.will try and get back to u.i now use coconut oil but heard that it would darken the baby's skin. Give ur suggestions regarding this.

5. RamyaST

RamyaST Silver IL'ite

Coconut oil is always good duing hot summer months and i dont think so it will turn the skin dark.. Mustard oil is good during cold weather as it warms the body.

The topic 'baby massage oil' is already discussed in IL, you can search for it, you might get some info..

6. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

hi vijaya when my kids were 2 months old i use to massage them with this olive oil and it gave my kids a good complexion and soft skin. try to massage your baby before bath and after the bath and if you want you can mix some J & J baby cream with it.

[​IMG]

7. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I would always suggest coconut oil for baby's skin, but if you want to go for almond oil go for roghan badaam shirin. Bajaj Almond is nothing but vegetable oil with little almond extract. Also make sure you don't use any products that contain "Mineral Oil" on the baby's skin, Vaseline Total Moisture has it, it's a petroleum by product and causes infections.