Thyroid

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Chinnusuvi, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Chinnusuvi

Chinnusuvi New IL'ite

Hi, all

, wish you all a happy valentines day :thumbsup

I want to get advice from you about thyroid. I got that deficiency when i was pregnant and came to know about it after 5 months of my delivery. From that time i.e., from 2003 i'm taking pills . Doctors say I have to take it lifelong. Whether it is possible to cure under homeopathy or ayurvedic treatment ? And somebody told me that one could not conceive having this disease and is that true that baby born will be abnormal? My boy is all right by god's grace. please........ help me ...... ?

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi chinnusuvi,
    I have heard that yoga helps in curing thyroid problems. If you are taking pills on a regular basis and your thyroid levels are normal then you can conceive easily. When I conceived my first, i dint know I had thyroid, came to knw thro routing blood test. but unfortunately for various reasons, it resulted in miscarraige. Now , i am still taking thyroid medication and have conceived and 5 months pregnant..
    So dont worry about the conceiving part its possible to concv if ur thyroid levels are normal and baby will be healthy. Only if u neglect your pills, you will have issues like conceiving and abnormal baby.

3. Dcold

Dcold New IL'ite

Hi Chinnusuvi,

With regular intake of pills and thyro normalcy , there will be no problem in conception or in having a healthy baby.

There are surely some asanas for the thyroid glands. Some people opt for Homeopathy and Ayurveda. No idea how far all these alternative therapies can cure thyroid problems completely.

4. Chinnusuvi

Chinnusuvi New IL'ite

:thankyou2:thank u very much for ur valuable advice:thankyou2:

to both dcold and chotabheem

:)

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chinnusuvi,

Because you are having thyroid deficiency , it does not mean, your kid also would get thyroid deficiency.

Second, your apprehensions about the medication you are taking for thyrod deficiency (hypothyroidism) is not a pharmaceutical compound. It is actually a substance synthesised by our own body......called, Thyroxine (Eltroxin) available in the doses of 25, 50 and 100 micrograms. This , you take in morning in empty stomach, right ?

It is absolutely harmless to take this medication life long. Please do not switch over to alternative medicine system, thinking that they will take you out of the need to take medication life long. No one wants to take a medication life long. But, be assured, as I above said, what you are taking is NOT a chemical , it is our body hormone, synthesised in laboratory. It is 100 % free from side effects.

You need to check your Serum Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (S.TSH) levels once in three months, to see whether the dosage of Throxyine you are taking daily, has to be increased or decreased.