Stretch marks after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by priya4prabhu, Oct 18, 2010.

1. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Hey ladies,

I do have stretch marks after delivering a boy baby. Is there any way i can get rid of these marks. I do have lots and lots in my tummy... I am doing my abs and exercises these days... but the stretch marks are not fading out ... Please help

Priya

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Priya,
    Stretch marks will fade away over a period of time but never mind with few references of it.
    Try to apply Vitamin-E oil/cream over the marks for few months.
    They will help to some extent.

3. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi

gingelly oil with turmeric powder, apply nicely and scrub with besan & greengram dal powder..and then wash off... Do this on a daily basis..

4. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Did you try bio oil. it is suppose to be good for stretch marks. Even Palmers coco butter is good

5. saramma

saramma New IL'ite

wat about lavander oil??????

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I consulted my skin doctor who said strech marks are not 100% erasable and he asked me to apply 2 ointments to reduce the marks to some extent...he said max would be erased but not 100%...one was some aloevera kind of gel which he asked me to apply and leave,maybe like in day r night and the other i dont remembe the name ...along with this,he asked me to warm almond oil a little and apply before bath and wash it away after 20-30 minutes...

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Stretchmarks are permanent. They are the tell-tale signs of motherhood left on your abdomen by Mother Nature. Available evidence does not support the value of any locally applicable oils / ointments in erasing them. Best available treatment is just to accept the reality that it is permanent.

The only definite treatement to get rid of them is by means of plastic surgery. Women in professions involving appearance like air hostess & actresses do undergo this plastic surgery after their motherhood. (Mallaika Arora has recently undergone it............then acted for the item song "Munni badnaam huyi" in the movie "Dabang"). The cost of this surgery in Mumbai and Ahmedabad is around one lakh rupees.

8. HamsaSharath

HamsaSharath Junior IL'ite

Thanks for d tip, ill surely try this..