1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pankaja's Touching Poem in Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by varalotti, Sep 4, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    Our Anupama, Pankaja's, beautiful, touching, heart-rending poem has come out in Deccan Herald.
    And here's the link:

http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/aug272006/artic1436352006826.asp

Dear Pankaja,

You are a natural poet. You don't strain yourself for words. And the subject you have chosen, My God, it makes one's heart shudder in fear and anxiety.

And there would not be a better place in the whole world than this wonderful site to hold your wonderful poem.

Female infanticide is being practised almost as a medical procedure in some of the villages in South Tamilnadu even now. When I first heard of it about 6 years ago, especially the method they use to kill the baby girls, I was ashamed to be a part of this society. The villagers use a very simple technique. They give highly sweetened milk to the child. And the milk contains one full paddy grain which chokes the baby to death. I would prefer cannibals to this society, for at least the cannibals killed only grown up people.
    And the pity is that the act is committed mostly by women with the mother playing an active role.
    Whatever emotions that were welling up in my heart, you have brought it out as a beautiful poem. And by doing so you have justly retained your title "Anupama"

regards,
    sridhar

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Touching.

Dear Pankaja Ma'm..

A beautifully penned poem. Simple lines which hit you hard. But when will such message reach the right ears? A heartfelt and praiseworthy effort on your part.

Thanks for bringing this to us Sridhar. Your words were touching too. Yes, so many shocking things happening on our own soil. What do you blame it on, ignorance or poverty...

L, Kamla

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Laden with emotions !

My dear Pankaja,
    Your simple words just pierce right through our hearts.
    "the serene tranquil folds of cosy nest formed by you" - these words are so gentle, so beautiful, so emotional just as only a mother can be !
    Now, I must meet you in person, Pankaja & kiss your hands, I cannot wait much longer, my dear friend !
    May God will it to happen.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

My dear Sridhar,
    It is very kind of you, to bring Pankaja's poem, to our notice. Thankyou very much.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Sssssssssso beautiful, pankaja,

Dear Pankaja,
    Your simple style captivated me completeletly.I for a moment went emotional thinking of all baby girls being killed or aborted in tne womb.Very nice subject for a poem.
    Regards

5. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Thsnk you

Dear IL,
    Thank you for reading my poem of D.H.(Questions so). I am glad you all liked it. i believe things are improving due to the protests of us women in different forms. That means we really are Shakti, without whom no man can survive even mentally!

Dear Chitra,

You will be disillusioned if you see me.