1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lonesome island.

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by AnuVicky, Sep 2, 2014.

1. AnuVicky

AnuVicky Senior IL'ite

I cherish my father's love,
    love given warmth by my mother's Saree, as I long for my home which is no longer my house.
    hearth am I among the lonesome island of the man shadowed by his father and mother in my house not my home, as I live by longing nights holding the warmth and love of my mother's Saree, seeking and not finding the home I seek in the man's lonesome island shadowed by his father and mother.
    pearls of tears flows in my eyes as I leave forever my home no longer my house, the home that cherished me, as I harden by heart to go to the lonesome island of the man overshadowed by his father and mother, though happy one day my daughter may have a home in the lonesome island of the man who shelters his heart in the shadows of his father and mother.

2. Virhanda

Virhanda New IL'ite

that is circle of life. i too miss my mother but life moves on. today's child is tomorrow father or mother and that's how we live. best thing is value what is on hand and shower joy and goodness around.

3. AnuVicky

AnuVicky Senior IL'ite

Many thanks for your thoughts. As you have already said its a circle of life and life moves on. But you can never ever forget those cherishing moments. :)

4. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

Dear Anu ur poem is a heart touching one, yes a daughter misses her parents house always, i often wonder why it is that a daughter has to leave her house, who made this rule of the society, why cant both boy and girl leave their respective house and make their own home, its so cruel for a daughter to leave the shelter the warmth of her parents and live in a totally strange world, yet God has given a woman so much strength that she makes that home also her own, yet deep within her heart she years for those moments she spent at her parents house
    life is like that dear, it just has to go on.........

5. AnuVicky

AnuVicky Senior IL'ite

Many thanks for your comments. Yes, it is true that a women had to leave her world. But as you said life as to move on.....