1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday Party for Children: Ideas for Themes, Menu, and Gifts needed

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by anushkrishna, Apr 10, 2007.

1. anushkrishna

anushkrishna New IL'ite

Arranging a 1st Birthday Party for he child Ideas for Themes, Menu, and Gifts needed

haiii
    plse bring out with some bithday party ideas which u have used or seen in ur friends party who have arranged for their kid.i started this thread in such a way that this will be helpful for new moms like me.u can share the things like wat menu we can put for the indian friends and american friends,toys as a gift for the kids attending the function and some other new ideas what r all the things we can do
    so friends start and share ur ideas.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very good link.
    Thanks Vandana.

4. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Hi,

There are lots of way u can celebrate your kids party...Park is a great idea ...u don't need any other games as kids can play lot of things there..also for food one can just call for pizza and cake and no mess in the house.
    One of my friend in her son's b'day gave all the kids a ramayan animated DVD..and kids love it besides that even americans loved it as it tells them something about our religion and culture and they appreciated it a lot.

All the best..and have a grt party !!!!!!!!!!!!

meghanshu

5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

There are SO many ideas & themes that one can go with. It depends what your kid is into & what type of party you are planning. FOr my son who is 10+ I do all kids party only as most parents will drop the kid & come back to pick.
    We have done
    Pool party ( easiest & most fun )
    Treasure hunt
    sleepovers
    Bowling party( took them for bowling & then for pizza)
    Movie with lunch
    Olympic games party -- did lots of games & everyone got Medals ;)
    For food Pizza is always a hit but have done Tacos, sandwiches, hotdogs & veges with dips.

For my dd who is just turned 7 this year I do parties knowing some moms will come & hang around as they are good friends so I plan acc.
    We have done
    princess party where each girl came dressed as their fav. princess from Disney , we did crafts like they all decorated crowns & made bead necklaces.
    Mother daughter tea party -- served reg tea stuff along with Indian tea snacks. FOr kids we served apple juice from a tea pot in little cups which was a hit!

This year we were planning on Bollywood party but ended up doing a simple party where I got face painter to do face painting & planned a lot of games.

As for food I always have 2 plates of snacks for the moms & then everything else is geard for kids like pizza or hotdogs or sandwiches etc .
    I LOVE planning parties & get a kick out of doing things differently & more creativly each time.

6. akshi2013

akshi2013 New IL'ite

Hey Mommies,
    To arrange a party conveniently, it’s better to choose a theme. That will make it easier to plan the decoration, food, games, favors, etc. Once you decide a theme, work on the rest accordingly. For example, if you choose Minnie theme party, send out Minnie Mouse themed invites that are available with most party supplies stores such as MyBirthdaySupplies.Bake or order a Minnie’s head shaped cake, use Minnie theme balloons or pink and white for decorating your venue, and give away Minnie mouse headbands, jewelry, etc. as favors. It would be great if serve food that match your party theme but if you have a varied guest list, serve the generic party food such as pizzas, burger, nachos, tacos, etc. The theme you chose must interest the birthday child. If your child is old enough, you may consult him and ask him for a theme that he would want. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  7. neelamkukreja

neelamkukreja Junior IL'ite

Thanks Akshi. Nice ideas. Will surely help all of us.

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

9. PriyankaShukla

PriyankaShukla New IL'ite

Kids Bday Party Place - Review

Hi !

We recently celebrated our son's birthday party at Playstreat, Gachhibowli and we were very pleased with the outcome.

They offer different packages - with different food and bev combination. We chose the middle package which had 2 starters, 3 main course, drinks and dessert. Plus 2.5 hrs playtime for the kids in the playarea, balloon decoration,e-invites.

The food was awesome - we tried it as alacarte customer before booking and on the party day also our guests were overwhelmed with the taste and whole experience. Kids too enjoyed a lot in the playarea (they have for both toddlers and little bigger kids till age 7.

All in all a great place, good food and sheer fun for Kids! The playarea has quite unique things. Good place to organize a kids birthday party. We had 55 guests (kids included) and the place is good enough for about 60 guests.

Good luck!

10. sweetmom1

sweetmom1 New IL'ite