1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Storybook Land: Preschoolers Dream Come True ;)

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Nitha J, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

A couple of weeks back we visited storybook land. Since then I have been thinking of posting the details here. But due to my sheer laziness; I kept on postponing it. Today while downloading the photo's to computer (ohh yeah I am that lazy) I thought I will make a quick post when memory is still afresh.

With two kids (a preschooler and a toddler) for the past couple of years our trips are usually to aquarium, zoo; children museum and local parks. This time we decided to go to storybook land..ohh boy wasn't it the best decision we made ;)

We reached storybook land around 11.30 AM; and stayed there till 5 PM. We had another family with kids (age group similar to that of my kids). The kids did have a blast. There were rides; designed for kids from 1-5 years. My Preschooler had added attraction; ie small houses with their favorites stories and rhymes .

They have small splash pad for kids; small trams and trains around the park. The park is amidst a lot of trees so you don't really feel the heat. There is a small zoo with little animals and birds. Nothing big; just right.

There are around 3-4 restrooms; impeccably maintained; I should say. One of the restrooms has mother-care room attached; where there are some cozy benches where you can feed small babies. Also picnic tables inside the park if you have brought your food; else you have 2-3 cafeteria's with good food.

In short; it is a great place to go if you have small kids. Even my 1 year old enjoyed his day; got into most of the rides:)))) This place exclusively for smaller kids; through 5 years. I am sure the kids would love the experience.

For the "bored adults" ; you can hit the ocean city board walk which is 30 minutes away and cool the day off :))-

Address : 6415 Black Horse Pike (Routes 40 / 322), Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234

Attaching snaps of the tram and the "goosey goosey gander"
    -Nitha

Attached Files:

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

A couple more snaps:
    some rides ; hey diddle diddle; Humpty Dumpty

Attached Files:

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

A few more photo's and I am done.Why take all the suspense; so I will stop the photo's by this one post :))

Mazes; Alice in Wonderland and some birds...

Nitha

Attached Files:

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hey Nitha....that was a wonderful post with colourful pictures.....

Thanks alot dear....we were waiting for this post actually....i knew how tight you are with both kids...thats not lazy:)

Thanks for your details and time....

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

duplicate of previous post.

6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Nitha,
    Do they have any rides?
    My hubby is saying lets take our son to all types of rides when he turns 4 so that he can enjoy like.
    Is it a good place for 3yr toddlers?

How much was the fare?

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I agree. Worth the longggggggg drive.

My daughter loves this place.

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Anitha; there are snaps of a few rides as well.. There are rides just right for kids from 2-5 years. My one year son also enjoyed most of the rides :)

Nandhu; it is def. worth for a day exclusively for kids :) Both the kids had a blast :)

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Nitha,
    How much was the ticket price(for adults & kids)?
    In online, it shows $22.95...was it the same price? Looks little expensive though..