Problems of my Golden Retriever

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Delo, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    Any remedy for bladder control? Prefer if its homeopathy.Our Golden Retriever,8 yrs old,is urinating on her bed.Its very cold here and she feels very cold even otherwise.She's very well trained and my heart goes out when she looks all guilty otherwise.I've reduced her fluid,take her out many times,late night and even dawn since she's started this.Its been a week since she started doing this.
    Thanx,Delo

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Delo,

Sorry to hear about your Pet's problem.

Firstly you should take the advice of a good Vet.Surely , the past eight years you must have been taking her to a good Vet. It is important to get to the root cause of the problem .The symptoms are excessive urination and lack of bladder control.This could be either due to a urinary tract infection which can be cleared up with antibiotics either injections or oral medications.It could be a gynaecological problem too. Secondly it could be the presence of DIABETES .This has to be treated even more seriously, therefore you should take your pet to a good VET .Eight years old can herald all kinds of health problems. Like us your Pet is on the brink of becoming a senior citizen and needs extra care on the health front.
    I have a 14 year old Spitz breed pet doggie who has been diagnosed with cardiac problems .Her symptoms are a rasping cough and panting excessively .She is on medication since 4 months and has become more active and well now.It has improved the quality of life in her case as I am very strictly following the Vets advice.
    We have to take good care of our ailing pets during the later years especially , after all, they have given us unconditional love and companionship and the best years of their lives to enrich ours.
    Hope your Pet recovers soon .Do keep us at the Pets forum posted about the progress.We can all learn and watch out for these symptoms in our old pets too.Will be of great help to get first hand info.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Delo,

Dont worry your pet will get well soon. Consult a VET soon.

I think the problem sounds exactly about urinary incontinence.

Does your pet strain to urinate?

Even My pet Tommy had a problem similar to this. He was 10 years old. He was not able to urinate and it got stored in the bladder. Like urinary incontinence, he urinated drop by drop. Vet told us that his prostate gland got enlarged and it has to be operated soon. For two days, they used something to empty the bladder. Horrible to see it. :spin Can you imagine a mug and half got stored in his small bladder? Really pathetic.
    Later he gave tablets for kidney stones. He became alright and we didnt go for operation.

Yeah, Even my pet did the same. He thought he was wrong. So he dont even wished to see my face in guilt. I used to go to him and clean him everytime.

Nevermind, cheer her up. She'll be okay soon. :)

well let us know the progress.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

It is sad to hear what your pet is going through, Delo!

As adviced by our friends here, I think you would have gone to the pet and yours is improving too..:thumbsup

5. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Thanks,Paulina for your wishes.Kyra is well now.Have signed in today after a long,long time.Your thoughts on pets are so similar to mine.I feel I must surely have been her mother last birth!
    You take care,
    Delo

6. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Dear Shel,Sriniketan,
    I'm overwhelmed at the warm response my desperate plea about Kyra brought about.Thanks a ton all of you!Kyra's better now,infact right now(5 P.M.)she's trying to tell me that its time for her evening walk.
    Love you all,
    Delo

7. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Kyra,our Golden retriever,is shedding hair a lot.Anybody has tips?
    Delo

8. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

During the rainy season our Kyra(Golden Retiever)has a tough time as she itches a lot.Putting Betnovate GM but no relief.Any suggestion/remedy/tip?

9. srbn

srbn Silver IL'ite

Hi Dalia!!!

tomar moharani khub vugche dekhchi ok Yoga korte bolo valo hoye jabe. LOL

onekdin pore IL elam, valoi lagche. raj er sathe jogajog korar chesta korlam dekhi devir ghum vange kina! lol!!!

10. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Hai,aamar Moharanir darroon daroon winter sweaters dekha uchit.Aamar o otho neyi!Manusher moton bichanaye shoye.Aamar meye salaryr theke kine diyeche as it is very cold here