Where do you leave your cat when you go on vacation?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sruthi1407, Sep 14, 2009.

1. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Hi, we have two puppies(Labrador and Lhasa Apso) and a country cat. Because of it one of us in the family always have to stay at house. It has been like that for the past two years. We actually got the puppies just recently. We got the cat neutered so he never goes out of the house. He is a very affectionate cat. I think there are many good dog kennels where we can leave the dogs when we go on a holiday. I think they take good care of them. We can also leave it in our friends/Aunt's house. I would like to know if there is any shelter in Chennai which take care of CATS as well? He is very choosy about what he eats. We can't leave him in anyone's house.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sruthi:
    I have no idea about boarding facilities in Chennai but wanted to tell you what I do with my cat (also a neutered male) when I am away. If its a few days my neighbor feeds him and he uses the box in the cellar. If it is for more than several days he goes to stay with a friend of mine that he is good friends with. He gets annoyed with me when I come back but all in all he is fine. If there is special food (I used canned and dry cat foods) then you should take or leave special arrangements. You have to be careful who takes care of your cat as some folks will not do a very good job.

3. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Actually my Aunt says she can take care of him and asks us to leave him in her house when we are away. But we are not sure if he would adjust in a new place. What if he runs away out of fear? Its the only worry.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Sruthi

I too have no idea if there are boarding 'kennels" ( is that the right word? ) for cats. If you want you can write to pet vacations dot com and enquire with them if they have any idea.

I will check with my vet and see if he is aware of any place/anybody taking care

Good luck in your search till then

cheers

bhooma

5. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Sruthi

Try these people. Maybe they can help you out .

Yadhavi Pet Shop @ +91-044 22386566
    Mail : yadavipets@rediffmail.com

Murali Yadhav
    No.80, GST Road, Tambaram, Sanatorium, Chennai – 600047.

cheers

Bhooma

6. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

^^Thanks for the info. I will try to contact them.