Good Vet in Velachery / Adyar / Thiruvanmiyur

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Chandrika82, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

Can you suggest a good vet for my 6 month old female pup?
    She's already been vaccinated ( i take her to blue cross velachery, as its very close to where i live), but i'd like to start regular visits with a good vet.
    My puppy is a mutt..dont really know her breed..picked her up from the street when she was around 20 days old..she now looks like a cross b/w a rajapalayam and a dalmatian :rotfl..

Any good vet around velachery, adyar or thiruvanmiyur will be fine.

Thanks !

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chandrika

First .. a big welcome to the group.. and secondly a Big Thank you from all of us for adopting a dog from the street and giving it a life .

taking your pup to the Blue Cross everytime is difficult .. I would recommend Dr Jaya Prakash ( JP Pet Clinic) at Teachers colony Adyar. He is very good. But be sure to make an appointment if you have to meet with him. I make an appointment only when I have to meet him personally.,. otherwise there are the junior doctors who are very good . JP Pet clinic number is 24411909.

All the best. Please do visit our forum regularly and post pictures of your loved one .

Cheers

Bhooma

3. Chandrika82

Thanks much for the info Bhooma. I'll try to upload pics of Bandit at the earliest :thumbsup

4. Aura

Aura New IL'ite

Hi Chandrika..

Lovely name ur doggie has got..Bandit..I'm still laughing

Btw, there is a very good vet called Dr Kasturirangan@velachery. he stays at an apt complex called CDS Regal Palms. But he will be available in a clinic come pet shop in velachery market. I think its called lucky pet shop.

5. Chandrika82

Aura - thanks for the compliment :biglaugh
    Do you have any address for this lucky pet shop ? If so, please do let me know.

6. poornimakannan

poornimakannan New IL'ite

I visited JP pet clinic looking at your post.. He is really an experienced Vet!! Thanks for suggesting the same. I have a 3 month old German shepherd. I had earlier taken him to Pets N Vets in Guindy..Dr.Paul Fredrick.We fell prey for his sweet words. He dint deworm my pet properly and gave wrong vaccinations. Thank god, I was at the verge of losing my puppy. He is having a second life right now.. I thank this forum a thousand times for showing way to Dr.Jayaprakash.

7. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poornim

Thanks for visiting our site .

Dr JP has been the saviour for so many dogs !! Joshua had developed Distemper when I picked him up from the blue cross and where it not for Dr JP's efforts he would have been paralysed :-(

thanks to his wonderful treatment, he is now a strapping five year old !!

please do post photos of your dog/puppies and write ups. we would all love to read

cheers

Bhooma

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Dear Chandrika,

Its really great to hear that you have adopted a pup from the street !!!
    Please post the pictures, I'm waiting for it

9. Maddy63

Maddy63 New IL'ite

Hi,

Just fyi: We got to a place called "The Ark", opposite to the Tiruvanmiyur Post office. Three wonderful doctors over there: Dr. Aravind, Dr Afzal and Dr. Bharani.

all the best!:)