Want to tell you the tale of my soul mate Dolly

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by meVaidehi, Jan 30, 2009.

1. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi all pet lovers,
    I want to tell you all about my sweetheart, shona my doggy dolly. You would enjoy her naughtiness, her love, her bravery. But I want to tell it in parts so that you don't get bored and i don't have to cut short. Please let me know if you would enjoy it or not.
    Kya hai na TRP ke bina program chalene me koi fayda nahi:thankyou2:

malspie and (deleted member) like this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi,
    Start telling about your sweetheart..Shona...
    You had already raised our curiosity by keeping the introduction, very short..
    waiting for future episodes from you...go ahead and post, we all ears, sorry eyes.:)

sriniketan

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hey ! Vai , :hiya

What's keeping you ? You got the clearance 3/4 days ago !!

We at the Pet Lovers Forum just exist because of all of us here being head over heels in love with all members of the Animal Kingdom !
    Some of us are partial to canines, some to felines and others to the feathered beings .There are some fans of creepy crawlies too here !
    So your sweetheart Dolly will be a big hit to whichever club she belongs ....so hurry up and make the introduction fast ....we assure you of high TRP's !Big Laugh
    The ratings will sky rocket if you post some photographs of your soulmate too .
    So on your marks, get set and GO .....shoot !

4. meVaidehi

Hey Thanks Shrini and Paulina
    So sorry :bowdown actually i could not gather any time last 3-4 days coz i was busy with my TM work.
    I have a good news to share with you all. With Dolly's and all your best wishes we have started our company officially. Yesterday only i finished filing the trade mark registration after 3-4 chakkars of the TM office.
    So now I'll start telling our tale.
    First of all why i call her my soul mate. I really could not figure out what is our exact relationship. She called me didi. I felt like a daughter or more than that for her. I am so possesive for her.
    Recently I happened to read one article about soul mate in a news paper which read there's someone in the world for whom you feel like no one else. You feel like your bonds are somewhere beyond this life or anything. Its not necessarily your life partner it could be anyone and i got the name for her relationship with me she is my soul mate. Next episode i'll tell you how we met.

5. meVaidehi

The tale of my soul mate Dolly

Hey i had posted one more thread its missing:spin. OK i'll post it again. and how do i attach her snaps to the post? i tried by insert image but it only gives paste url option. Please help.

6. Sriniketan

Vaidehi,
    Congrats on your new company....
    Your soul mate definition is quite true...

Regarding attaching the picture..
    I hope you have dolly's picture on your pc..
    upload it in the manage attachments section...if the size is too large..resize it and upload it..
    here is the link.. hope it helps you..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1368-how-do-i-add-picture.html
    sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

A dog addressed you as "Didi"??!! Never knew that dogs can talk too!

8. meVaidehi

Dear Amoha,
    If you understand their language they do. I'm sure all pet lovers would agree to it. She called me didi means she identified me by that word. Whenever someone will say papa she'll look at my dad that way. Hope you got it.

9. meVaidehi

Hi All,
    I’m back with my story. Today I’ll tell you how we met in a very strange way.
    We never thought of having any pets in our family. You have to buy them, take care, they are dirty (my mamma said). More important reason, my younger sis had to take 14 injections due to a mad stray dog biting when we were kids. So we were scared of dogs and never went near a dog touching is miles away.
    Now I was back in Pune working part time after completing my graduation. We were staying in a rented flat on 2<SUP>nd</SUP> floor with half the part as open terrace. Our landlords stayed on 1<SUP>st</SUP> floor. Their son was of my age and was doing his engg. He had a wonderful hobby of having pets all kinds. First he had a rabbit poor died hungry as he left it in closed house for 3-4 days without food or anything when the family was out on vacation. Then he had a turtle which ran away?? (as they say). Then it was a cock which had to be left away because of continuous complaints from neighbours. He also had a fish tank where the fishes were changed very frequently. But it survived for quite long time. One day his friend told him about his pet Dolly’s pregnancy and he decided to bring home one puppy. We were terrified when he declared that for his past about pets and also ours about dog.
    She delivered 3 cuties out of which 2 male puppies were taken by other friend and the only female Dolly junior came to LL’s son. He brought her home when she was 7 days. We were called to see the puppy. It was a tiny white fur ball with little dark black eyes and nose sitting on his palm looking tuk tuk to everyone around. She was cute we all declared but no one touched. But we all felt bad that he had taken the young one away from her mother at such small age. It was too early.
    LL’s son used to be with the puppy all the time when he was at home (he did that with every pet for first few days) in the daytime it was tied to the cot on terrace and left alone with a small bowl of water and a larger bowl with some chapatti in milk? (I wondered if there was any) She used to play with herself, run around, watch birds and skies, neighbours on their terrace. I used to be alone at home as every one else would go their school. But I never opened the terrace doors and didn’t go close to her. But whenever I went on the terrace for anything she used to jump on me trying to reach to me wagging her tail. Once I opened the terrace side window and she turned with the sound when she saw me in the window she started jumping at me again wagging her tail. I closed the window. After a long time when I opened it she was sitting there waiting for me to open the window again. I felt she might be getting bored alone so started keeping the window open this was the beginning. One day when I was on the terrace I found her licking the empty water bowl so I poured some water to it. She was so thirsty she drank 2 bowls full. If LL’s son was there, I would have slapped him tight. Since then I started cleaning and filling her bowl with fresh water.
    Now my dad also joined our company and used to pamper her and she loved it. He used to massage her head and she used to close her eyes enjoying it. She didn’t have teeth and also couldn’t drink milk from bowl her nose dip in the milk. We tried giving her milk in small spoon so that she could drink. Most of the times her food was left uneaten as it was dry and also she couldn’t eat from the large bowl she got scared when her entire head went into the bowl. So we started giving little bites on floor (was cleaned don’t worry) We added our milk to her chapatti and mamma scolded us but we used to fool her. Now my youngest sis also joined the club.
    Dolly liked to be close to us playing with us. We didn’t pay much attention but she didn’t lose her patience trying to befriend us. If I’m standing near her she would move her head as if asking me to sit down. Once I sit down she would dig my gown to make space and sit in my lap with her head on my lap and look outside. Just laying there. She wouldn’t leave me and I had to push her out.
    She used to play a funny game of running round behind her own tail trying to catch it in her mouth. All of us enjoyed the show. Other game was catching everyone’s toe and we used to run scared though she did not have a tooth to bite. Her favourite targets were the LL and their made. LL was a flabby pot bellied man and couldn’t run and the made used to start screaming just to see her which dolly didn’t like. But she used to get Prasad for this. Other habit which got her good every time was to pee in the middle of their hall. They tried all possible ways but she didn’t leave the practice. She used to sleep in LL’s son’s bed and fooled him that she is sleeping. Once he is slept she would get into his sports bag (he was a state level cricketer) and throw everything out. Morning he would get up to see all his gloves, balls everything scattered in entire room and Dolly sleeping in his bag.
    So that’s the way we met.
    To be continued…

1 person likes this.
  10. Sriniketan

vaidehi,
    Very nice narration of how you all liked to pet her during the initial years..
    So nice of you to look after her during her earlier days at the terrace..
    catching their own tail is what every pet does...funny to watch it, yes.

Waiting to see read more..

sriniketan