RAMU - Really A Memorable & Unforgetable pet

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by sharadha, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Really A Memorable & Unforgetable pet

To speak about my favorite pet, you have to journey in time with me...to the time I was in school.. :)

Ramu..that's how he was called by the mason of the home we were constructing. Ramu was the mason's pet dog who was very friendly. My amma & appa visited the site very often to c how our house was getting built, as each brick was built with their hard earned money. During weekends I used to tag along and spend some time in the house. At that time, I was afraid of dogs especially street dogs. I assumed that they always wander and wait for an opportunity to bite the human beings. No
    prizes for guessing that I had the same impression with Ramu too. Ramu understood whatever we spoke and was a very shrewd animal.

One fine day the house was complete but without electricity.. The EB poeple promised that they would give the connection in a week provided we shifted there at once. My appa insisted us to shift and we were all in the new house. In the mean time as the house was complete, we thanked the mason for his hardwork. While leaving, he called Ramu but ramu refused to go with him and stayed with us..

We had Half heartedly shifted to the new house. As it was the summer, with no current, we couldn't sleep inside the house and so was forced to sleep in the verandah. Ramu used to lie down at the entrance of the verandah. Though no power, we somehow managed to have a good night sleep means it was all because of our beloved Ramu. He used to stay awake and guard us the whole night. Thanks to the "wonderful" cooperation from the govt employees, the power was given by the EB after almost a month..

Once we had to travel outstation for a family wedding. My dad was asking Ramu to go & stay with one of our neighbors until our return and he denied by nodding his head. As we couldnt refrain from missing the wedding, we left to attend it. Once we returned, we were shocked to learn from our neighbours, that Ramu didnt not eat even a morsel of food and just drank water from the roadside pipe. It really moved our heart and my opinion about ramu as a street dog, was slowly fading away.

During my school days my dad used to drop me at the bus stop as the bus stop was quite far away. One day while getting into the bus, the conductor told me that that I was not allowed to bring pets in the bus. I was :confused:. To my astonishment, I was :shocked: to see what the conductor was referring to. It was none other than my lovable Ramu. I requested the conductor to

stop the bus and asked Ramu to get back home with appa and I would come back in the evening to play with him. It was a very cute sight to see Ramu instantly obeying and went with my appa. Slowly, I developed an attachment with my Ramu and he was like a member in our family.

Our street had too many stray dogs and thus the residents had complained. One day, all of a sudden the dog van arrived and to my dismay,My god... my Ramu was missing. We kept searching for our Ramu. Finally, I was shocked to learn from one of our neighbours that our Ramu was taken by the dog van with the other stray dogs. We went to the extent of enquiring about the place they had been taken but unfortunately no one knew where they had taken them. I couldnt digest the incident of Ramu getting lost & I couldn't eat or sleep in peace for many days..

Now, I am happily married, settled with my family. Till date, whenever I see people playing with their pets, I get a trickle of tears :cry:.My dearest Ramu will always have a permanent place in my heart forever and ever [​IMG].

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharadha

I absolutely enjoyed your narration about Ramu.

Like you, I too am afraid of street dogs, but Ramu seemed very special.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear sis ,
    I knew somebody like Ramu , her name was Appu and she was more well behaved than the three that i had at home.

Infact whenever the door opened these boisterous dogs would run out and be really mischeivous and Appu would accompany me get them back home . She was such a sweetheart. She lived next to my place just near the gate till she breathed her last while she met with an accident. I felt a terrible loss then and still do miss her. She had the most beautiful brown eyes.

I can relate to your feelings for Ramu dear!

Loved the way youve narrated it here. Excellent!!

Love,
    Chechi

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I liked the way you narrated. Reminded me about the pets we had long back. Thanks for sharing.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Very nice narration..

Was :cry: after reading..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  6. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sharada,

Your story moved me to tears. very touching narration...

regards,
    Anu

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Usha,

Thank you for the first FB. Glad to note that you liked the way I had narrated. Thanks again for the motivating words.

8. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chechi,

WOW that's a nice name appu. Usually the name appu was kept as a pet name for elephant as far as i have known.

Very sorry to note about the loss of appu. Their losses are irreparable.

Thank you so much for your inspiring words which means a lot to me.

9. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja,

Thanks for stepping in and sharing your thoughts.

10. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nandu,

Thanks a heap for stepping in and glad you liked it. If I could make you :cry: then that itself is an achievement.

Where are the pictures of your pets you were supposed to post?