my lab puppy doesnt bark

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by succhi, Nov 27, 2015.

1. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

hi all...; i have a 10 month old lab puppy....she is cute and adorable. she joined us when she was just a month old...so she was just like the baby of the house....earlier we had a Pomeranian breed which was very much active and didn't allow even a single fly to ;come near the house;but this lil gud gal(the lab puppy),is least bothered even if someone comes near her also.she doesn't bark at the strangers only....i have learnt that the Labs are a friendly breed.is there anyway that we can teach her to bark at the strangers?

We actually wanted a dog to guard the house, except that she doesn't bark at the strangers,she is otherwise a very good girl...she plays with who so ever comes near her.and she loves all of very dearly........

is there any chance of she becoming more active and barking at the strangers?how can we train her to do the same?she barks only at the members of the house.

2. Padmasudha

Padmasudha Bronze IL'ite

Labradors are not usually guard dogs. They are loving and loveable family dogs. Enjoy your time with your dog and love him like a family member.

1 person likes this.
  3. succhi

succhi Silver IL'ite

hi dear

yes...she has been my second baby....and love her loads.......
    however she is...she wil be my darling.............

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

labs rarely bark at strangers.. but wait for her to get a bit older and territorial..