Whimsical manners of pets!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by drradha7, May 6, 2015.

1. drradha7

drradha7 Bronze IL'ite

I have often just watched my pooches go about their stuff. This is mostly when I come back from work and I catch my breath awhile before getting dinner on the table. This is also the time that my 3 babies are yearning to get my attention …..all at once, all 3 of them!
    Each of them have such individual personalities, like the humans. And they go about it so naturally, no acting, no drama, no unnecessary theatrics.
    [​IMG]
    RUFUS is 4 yrs old, by no means a baby, even among the 3 of them, since he’s older than Tyson and younger by a year from Sandy. But he has the most child-like traits! He whines and yelps in high pitched voice to welcome you! He will then sidle upto you, head lowered, uttering plaintive cries of “Why oh why did you leave me and go!” He loves to get under your leg and cushion himself there. Its so heart-warming to feel a nice chubby furry body close to you!

Soon he will show you his belly! C’mon woman, I’ve been waiting for a belly rub all day long! No sooner do I start that, will he start shaking his leg vigorously! It’s a spinal reflex – his hind legs start shaking in tandem with the warm belly rub.
    The next on the bucket list is food! Rufus is the most non-fussy eater among my 3 pooches! Always licks his bowl clean, veg or non-veg! His eyes pop out eagerly in anticipation of treats, which is after every meal, if he finishes it fully, and of course, when I come home from work.

TYSON is the baby of my family, and he acts true to nature! Tyson’s day starts with him loathe to leave the bed, where he is stretched out to his full length and breadth. He loves to yank the dangling leash as I am holding it during the walk! He acts the total brat, pulling and biting and barking insanely. I have to sternly admonish him, for him to settle down.
    [​IMG]
    Sandy and Rufus have a whale of a time sniffing all along the streets in the walk. Every pee, every poo, every bit of scrap has to be assessed in detail. Not so Tyson. Somehow, his sniffing habits are not so well developed and I am trying to get him focused on that, because research has it that dogs who use their sense of smelling a lot, are calmer, and more happy. Tyson has a one-track mind about playing and even during the walk, once he has completed his big job, he wants to play! He will keep butting Sandy till she stops her sniffing and turns around to chase him! He butts and runs, butts again if Sandy does not respond!
    Like all boxers, he’s obsessed with playing! Here he’s attacked a parcel i just recd. Fortunately, the parcel has a thick covering and before he can get to the inner item, i can retrieve it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyson has this really really REALLY loud bark! It seems to come from deep within his chest cavity! My son puts ear plugs to mask the sound for he fears his ear drums are gonna burst! That’s how loud his barks are! He uses it to full advantage in the mornings after the walk! He is full of energy and restless to play and will announce it loud and clear, time and time again! The days he is put on steroid medication for his inflammatory arthritis, his energy is boundless and its extremely tough to calm him down! He is a normally, therefore, a very happy energetic dog whose natural vitality is cut down because of his bone ailments.
    But the crowning glory in his chest of mannerisms is his high pitched girly scream! Tyson is extremely protective of his paws. For some reason, he does not like his paws squeezed or pulled even in jest. Some defensive reaction probably to an earlier trauma. As I recall, his fifth toes have been yanked out in all his limbs by his breeder. Probably a botched procedure which has stayed in his memory as pain. So anyway, the moment anyone touches his paws, he gives out this blood-curdling high pitched very girly scream, that is so not with his image of a burly big-faced, square-jawed male boxer!!

[​IMG]
    My 5 yr old SANDY is complete Jekyll and Hyde character. She is so loving and affectionate and meak with me. But with anybody else taking advantage of her, her teeth do the talking! No stranger can approach me or look at me or stand near me, she will growl and bark and jump straight at his throat! Neither can any of my other family members. She has her boundaries with them, although she is very affectionate with the immediate family. But with me, even if I pull her leg roughly or yank her long ears, she will whine and cry plaintively, never behave roughly.

I just have to get up on the bed to lie down, Sandy immediately takes it as her cue to climb up and cuddle up close to me. She will slide her entire body alongside mine and put her head on my belly. Slowly she will turn and sleep sideways, her entire body touching mine the whole time! She will not budge from this position till i get up!
    Quirkiness is not just a human trait, apparently!

2 people like this.

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi drradha,
    That was an absolutely delightful account of the whims and fancies of your 3 darling doggies,and your happiness in tending to all their needs.Belly rubs, cuddling up to sleep and all of it .These 3 are real lucky dogs ....dogs who have found a loving home and mother to care for them.
    Congrats to you ....even after a hectic day with your medical practice you have found time to spend with them.
    Just wondering how come you did not become a VET?
    BTW can you give some details about Arthritis and steroid medicationthat Tyson is given.My 10 yr old Lab Romeo also has arthritis but the Vet only suggested Flexi plus as a vitamin supplement .Perhaps due to his age? Also Romeo is overweight.......47 kgs !! Labs are great eaters!!

Great pics you have clicked ...Fantastic angles ...looks so real almost as if they will jump out of them ...great viewing!