Plastic plants inside aquarium -Is it safe.

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by kavithamadhan, Feb 16, 2012.

1. kavithamadhan

kavithamadhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have started with my favourite pets -fishes. I bought a fish bowl few weeks before and i have 7 fishes at present. I want to add some plastic plants inside, but i would like to know whether its safe and ofcourse what is the purpose of plastic plants (apart from they add elegance and look).

Awaiting your responses.

thanks
    kavitha

2. kir23

kir23 New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,
    I love fishes too, they are real stress busters. I have real plants in my tank and the leaves end up floating at the top after the fishes nibble them off. Plastic plants will make the tank look brighter, but will end up having algae formation after a while and you'll have to wash them properly and often too. I dont know if it serves other purposes. Maybe, you can get a better picture from your aquarium provider.
    Thanks !

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi kavitha,
    Hope you are enjoying your new fishy friends !
    We have had an aquarium for long and I must say it is a delightful hobby .There are several places in Chennai were you are based like I am to get fabulous varieties to enhance your collection.
    Plastic plants are fine and do not cause any harm .Your aquarium shop folks will advice you on which ones to pick up to adorn your aquarium.Here are two pics of my fishy friends and their plastic companions !!

Attached Files: